Sprinkler Controller schedule - add pause/break between zones

Requesting ability to add pause/break between zones.

Our previous controller had 12 zones available and we only used 8. 4 of those zones would “run” for a few minutes to give our pump a break.

With 8 zones on this controller I’d like to be able to continue with this setup. Multiple schedules will probably make this doable. But only needing 2 schedules would be nice. I’ve got a Sunrise and Sunset schedule set up and would like to make them look like the schedule below.

Zone1
Zone2
Zone3
Break (no zones running)
Zone4
Zone5
Break (no zones running)
Zone6
Zone7
Break (no zones running)
Zone8

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to enhance search clarity.

Just got the Wyze Sprinkler and so far, really impressed. There are a few settings that I think would be beneficial to see in the future:

It would be nice to have a default setting for those of us who live in very
dry areas (SoCal/AZ) where most of our landscaping is succulents and water wise bushes and we all use drip systems. I tried selecting the Xeriscape setting but with a suggested watering time of 51 minutes…all of my succulents and palms would surely be dead💀

Another suggestion would be to have a hybrid setting for schedules where I could manually set what I know works best for my watering needs but then have the ability for the subscription service to override and suspend the manual watering for 3-4 days after a heavy rain or increase the duration of my manual settings on especially hot or Santa Ana type events without me having to go in and manually stop the watering.

1 Like

Add the ability to schedule watering every 3rd day (or 4th or 5th).

Also … somewhere better define your terms … what exactly does Cycle Soak do???

10 Likes

Building static schedules is tedious, don’t make us duplicate the effort for offline schedules… why wouldn’t we just be able to choose the ones that we would want to be available offline?

Along the same lines, it would be helpful to duplicate an online static schedule so the configuration doesn’t have to be duplicated for different run times. (Or provide the option to have a particle schedule run every x hours.). Use case is to have a single zone run for 2 minutes every 4 hours to Continuously ‘rinse’ the area covered by that zone.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Sprinkler Controller - Add ability to make seasonal adjustments by percent

Skip conditions are defined in Settings —> skips

1 Like

Thank you. Somehow I missed this entirely. Now I would love to have an update to skip water at higher temperature rather than at 40 degrees max.

1 Like

Completely agree!

What exactly does SOAK cycle do? Does it ADD time to the length that I set in the cycle?

I don’t think it add more time to your watering, but it add times to the overall schedule due to wait time. It basically water for a portion of your schedule for that zone and then pause for few minutes to wait for that water to soak into the ground and continue watering again. This is useful to prevent your water from running off before getting absorbed by soil (like clay), especially with slanted land.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Yearly recurring schedules for Wyze Sprinkler

Another thing I’d like to see: instead of Sunrise / Sunset, can you offer “1 hour after sunset” or “30 minutes before sunrise”? I would like to water before sunrise by 15-30 minutes for the garden to allow it to soak in before the sun gets to it.

3 Likes

I came here to see if anyone else was complaining or commenting on the default run times that I think are totally ludicrous. I’m also in SoCal (L.A. area) & I’ve fine-tuned my run-times, balancing between keeping my grass green and avoiding excess run-off. What I’ve come to see works best, based on many years’ experience, is that 4-6 minutes twice a day is optimum. And then along comes Wyze’s default time of 51 minutes. Where did they come up with such preposterous nonsense? 51 minutes would have my street flooded and my neighbors complaining immediately about my wastefulness.

3 Likes

I would like to have the option to set the start time of a schedule a set time after another schedule. For example, if schedule A starts at 6:00 am and runs until 6:45 am, I would like to be able to program schedule B to start, say, 5 minutes after schedule A (in this case 6:50 am). That way, if I were to increase station times in schedule A so that it runs until 7:00 am for instance, schedule B would still run 5 minutes later (now 7:05 am) without having to reprogram schedule B.

4 Likes

Greetings, I love my Wyze sprinkler controller but small suggestion. To help with run off I think the soak cycle should be changed. In stead of doing alternate zones with the smart water. I wish it would only water for 5 minutes or so and move though all the zones allowing the water to soak in and then go back through the zones until the suggested watering is complete.

They would first have to understand what water is – which I don’t think they have a firm grasp on right now. Case in point – their default for my grass is 50 minutes, even though 4 minutes has kept it green and healthy for many years. If I let it run for the default times my neighbors would be suing me for flooding their property & washing their cars away.

Mine is about 23 minutes per zone and most of that just pools and runs off. 3-5 min max at a time to let it soak in. Of course our soil is clay based underneath with a decent topsoil above in most places.

David J (DJ) Woodley

The most I allow any of my zones to run is 7 minutes total per zone – also clay – and I have green grass & healthy trees all around…in one of the hotter areas around Los Angeles. If I let them run any longer than that I get mushrooms and moss sprouting everywhere.

My town only allows watering every 3 days, based on the last digit of your house number. Currently, the only options in the app are for certain days of the week every week or odd or even days. Having the ability to select a start date and have it water every 3 (or 4, 5, etc.) days like other sprinkler controllers allow would be really helpful. For now, I have to keep track of the days and water manually.

6 Likes

My town only allows watering every 3 days, based on the last digit of your house number. Currently, the only options in the app are for certain days of the week every week or odd or even days. Having the ability to select a start date and have it water every 3 (or 4, 5, etc.) days like other sprinkler controllers allow would be really helpful

2 Likes