App no longer compatible with your device

I can confirm that a prior version is available today for older, 32 bit Android devices on the Google playstore.

I have a pretty old Tab E that I was bummed to see was not able to update to the version 3 app, but after reading this post today I went ahead and tried to install again, and was able to install 2.50.9.512 (I had uninstalled Wyze on the tablet).

In my case, I really do need a DEVICE anyway, but good to know for myself and others our more ancient tech got some love. Thanks Wyze team!

3 Likes

Good to know. That is the current version I have on my Tab A. The playstore shows this as the latest for my old device.

I am happy at least we have something that works on our old systems.

3 Likes

Yes, as long as your phone does not support the 3.x app, installing any version of the 2.x APK then going into play store and doing an update will update to the latest 2.5 version. My old android 8 spare phone, I didn’t feel like installing the apkmirror installer (the latest 2.5 is only available in that format currently), so just grabbed a raw apk a few versions old and then used play store to update it.

Obviously if your device supports 3.x then it will update to that, so if you want to stay 2.5 in that case you need to use the apkmirror installer then disable updates of the wyze app in play store. Should be able to uninstall their installer after (I haven’t used their installer in a few years but that was always my process, remove it right after). Not sure if they’ve changed that, they were moving toward their installer essentially being a “store” of sorts, so it may rely on that to get updates. However, since there won’t be any updates, it shouldn’t be needed.

1 Like

Sounds like apk is not required if I read @justmeplusfive 's post correctly. Just remove and install from the Playstore.

If that’s the case, maybe Wyze re-added 2.5 to the Play Store. It must have been recent though, when I tried a week or two ago, even searching for Wyze 2.5 brought up the 3.x app and said “not compatible with your device”. But once the apk was installed, it then shows up and updates fine (I’ve seen that with other apps too, the developer seems to be able to mark it as “ok to update, but don’t allow new installs”).

When I search from either device now it only brings up the respective version, but that doesn’t mean they both aren’t out there, I’d probably have to uninstall the one on my spare phone to see how it comes up after that. And I’m lazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it.:grinning:

1 Like