App no longer compatible with your device

This is excellent. I appreciate the time it took for you test and write this up, and I especially like the summation.

4 Likes

Excellent. Can you make this happen? Seems like someone overlooked this issue in the Forward Looking Department.

Thank you for the overview and details.

4 Likes

I can’t make it happen as I’m not a Wyze employee, but I brought it to their attention.

5 Likes

It’s a good thing you don’t have to use wyze app v3, right?

I have multiple versions of Wyze app v3.x running 24/7 in addition to 2.50.x.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

For a new Wyze app install, google play kept telling me it would not work on my device. (Samsung A13 phone) I had to dig out my old Pixel 2 phone to install the current Wyze app connect to the internet with a mobile hotspot connection to access Wyze cameras I was setting up. ;(

Fortunately here, I found my newer Samsung A13 is only 32 bit. I had to jump through hoops with questionable 3rd party APK installers and a 2.50 version of the Wyze app.

I dont know how many people run into this 32 bit issue but one might think Wyze would come up with a better solution to this problem.

3 Likes

Agreed. Maintain both formats if it cannot be integrated during the install.

2 Likes

I just ran into this issue when WYZE tech support suggested to uninstall / re-install the WYZE app. I’ve been trying to resolve a problem with the video doorbell.
My installed version was 2.50.9.512
Now they’re telling me there is no way to install the app due to my device being “not compatible”.

And, they still have NO solution to my original problem. (Livestream slow motion)

1 Like

Bye wyze developers.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Wyze definitely needs to offer a 32-bit app option.

Not that i want to upgrade to version 3.0, but i also get the same message on my Galaxy Tab A

1 Like

I noticed my Tab A also is still on 2.5 and hasn’t updated to 3.x.

Guess my Tab A is getting too old for Wyze. Tab A9+ was updated fine.

What I found interesting, is that my tablet, the SMT510 is 64 bit… So that can’t be the reason

Very interesting.

Your SM-T510 tablet is forced to run only in 32-bit mode and runs a 32-bit version of Android 11. There are no 64-bit capable SM-T510 tablets which is why Samsung limited RAM to 2 GB and 3 GB models.

SM-T510 3 GB model:

4 Likes

@Seapup thanks for the info.

Too bad I cannot reformat with a 64-bit version of os.

1 Like

Looks like Wyze is working on a fix for compatible 32-bit devices (most likely Android 9+). I deleted my pre-2.50.9.512 app, searched the Play Store for Wyze camera app, it showed the latest 3.2 beta app which is 64-bit only. I tapped install and it loaded 2.50.9.512 on my 32-bit device. Thank you Wyze for reading my long rant above and taking action. :+1: Will test installation on a slew of 32-bit devices running various flavors of Android over the course of this week.

3 Likes

In another topic, if I understand @dave27 correctly, he was able to install an older APK and saw that update to the latest v2.5x app, though I don’t know if it was Google Play Store or something else that did the update after his APK install. That’s something I’d consider pursuing in your case.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Luckily my Tab A works fine with the existing 2.5 as it didn’t update itself. It is a rarely used 4th device, but glad it still works fine on 2.5.

Update to 3.x would be nice. All primary devices work great on 3.x.