I 100% agree
I just purchased 20 replacement plugs for $110. See watercooler for my choice.
Cameras I’m still evaluating.
I 100% agree
I just purchased 20 replacement plugs for $110. See watercooler for my choice.
Cameras I’m still evaluating.
AGREE 100%. The new app is GARBAGE unless you have like 3 cams.
I agree 100%. New app is completely useless if you have more than like 3 wyze products. Whatever team designed the app must not be paid well, as they clearly only have purchased one or two of their company’s products… so the new design made perfect sense to them.
Wyze scale data has a dark background you cannot read the numbers for any data as it is in a very light illegible font. Changing app settings to light/dark/system makes zero difference. Liked it for weight tracking now app is unusable. Prior version worked fine you could actually read the numbers. Such a basic fail
I’m running 20 cameras on Android. I will NEVER update the Wyze app again. I love the old version. Everything i’ve seen about version 3.0 is bad. The only ones that seem to like it are the developers and Wyze. Someone has their head in the sand…
I totally agree with cgclark1331 and sigue24, same issues here running the new version 3.0 on my iPhone 15 ( software version on my iphone 17.5.1 ) I can’t understand why Moderator says there’s no issues on the new version 3.0 if there’re a lot of people posting issues ? My Cams V3 it’s useless ![]()
We don’t want Wyze to take notes, we want them to take action by solving the issues.
I have only 2 cameras and this version is by far the buggiest, slowest app I have ever had the misfortune to use. Constant access errors, unable to load, Try again later, etc,etc.
Not true. I have only 3 cameras and it is terrible. Takes FOREVER to load the cameras on the home page now and when I click on any individual camera it still takes forever and about 1/3 of the time the loading actually times out and will not show the live view. Don’t think it matters how many cameras you have it is a very bad update.
I have only one camera, and I also hate the new design. Since it defaults to the favorites screen when I open the app, I have to tap a button to see the video (which, if I remember correctly, I had to do in the old app, too). But now I get “loading live stream“ for much longer than it used to take to load the live stream. How about giving us a choice of having a favorites tab, or not? Or at least a choice of which tab we go to when we open the app ?
Same thing for me WYZE please fix your scale updates
I completely agree. The app update felt like someone was trying to make a name for themself or appear busy instead of remotely improving anything. It was slower, the icon looked like malware, the layout was far less intuitive. Meanwhile, those of us who have no cameras because the app update somehow totally disabled them, STILL have not gotten ANY response from Wyze almost two weeks later. What steps are we suppose to take if our cameras completely do not power on after this app update?
More fallout from v 3.0??
I recently had two, Wyze white light bulbs go offline. Nothing I try brings them back. I have deleted them altogether and tried from scratch to reinstall but, negative results. In one case I had a new color bulb in stock and was able to get it online and using it as a white but no other spare bulbs.
I have several throughout the house but so far only two have acted up.
Anyone else experience this type of anomaly?
By the way, has Wyze done anything yet to fix this poor app version?
What I found that seems to work is doing a force stop on the app, reloading it and seems to work much better. Kind of ridiculous to have to do this probably over 50% of the time to get it to work properly.
As I’ve said in numerous posts. In Hopes that someone as WYZE will read it and realized you don’t grow a company by ruining your own product.
App 3.0 changed what was a great, easy to use (while not perfect) solution for home security and monitoring into a totally unusable solution. Constant errors -15 and having to close and re-open the app anytime you changed screens.
The new UI is horrible and with some features completely omitted and gone.
And the final straw for me was the non-existent communication from Wyze on what they were doing to either Fix, revert back, or even acknowledge the problems.
Instead, in the middle of all this, WYZE released a bird feeder.
Somewhere along the way, they lost focus on their core business.
That being said…
I’ve completed migrating one entire household away from WYZE (40 devices) and I will do the remaining (40) at my other property in October.
What I have already discovered is the new camera’s I purchased (TAPO), while a little more expensive have quicker response, can take larger memory cards and clearer video.
Hey Edge, curious, are you still trying their updates or are you meh who cares? ![]()
I was on the beta for awhile, but it wouldn’t stream my battery cam pros most of the time. If it did, it would only stream them for about 30 seconds. I have 4 at my remote property and It was vital I had full streaming available. I went back to the release.
This was on an ipad I use. I never updated my phone, so it’s still on 2.x
I also use bluestacks and was able to back level those to 2.x as well.
I’m about 6 weeks away from ending this nightmare when I swap out the remaining WYZE devices.
Well, I don’t know if it’s just me or a fluke but my app has been working great for about the last 10 days. No error messages at all and the loading time seems to have improved substantially. I was an eyelash away from reverting back to V2 but perhaps I’ll wait a bit and see if this continues.
Fantastic news. Things are looking up.
I upgraded to a new Galaxy S24+ and that has dramatically improved the lag in bringing up the homescreen livestreams.