Android Version 2.5.36 Released!

Sorry for the delay, folks! We just released Android 2.5.36. This has an improvement for the video lag issues that some people ran into with the first 2.5 launch. Please try it out and let us know how it goes!

We know that this has been a pain for people running into this problem. We don’t consider ourselves done with improving this but we have had promising feedback from beta testing and didn’t want to make people wait longer while we continue working.

Android 2.5.36

• Improved the video lag issue when viewing the live stream, Playback, or Event videos
  • Security updates
15 Likes

The lag is gone for me. Thanks, Wyze and @UserCustomerGwen.

5 Likes

What device are you using, just curious of devices it fixes and any it doesn’t or still show issues.

4 Likes

The lag applied to the Wyze Cams; v1, v2, and Pan. The App revision fixed all my lag problems, but I had not complained as I knew Wyze would eventually fix it. I did want Wyze to know that there “fix” worked.

There are too many Wyze customers who have no patience.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, DadCooks! :slight_smile:

Sorry I should have been more specific, what Android device are you using was what I was aiming to ask

2 Likes

I can see an improvement on my old Samsung Tab E SM-T377V. I can actually watch my cat come through the pet door to her feed bowl much closer to real time. Before the update, I could see her eating on the live stream but she actually had already left. I see about a 20 sec lag improvement on the new app release. Wyze always comes through! :smiley: Good things come to those that wait.

3 Likes

8 Android devices (all Motorola Cell Phones; X Pure, G5, G6, and G7) running Android 7, 8, and 9. Also 4 Kindle Fires 7th Generation 2017 (1 HD 10 and 3 HD 8), all with Google Play Store Added.

2 Likes

People should post their issues so that other people don’t have to spend a lot of time trying to figure what is going on. People should post their issues so that Wyze realizes what is going on and how many people are affected. It’s not a question of patience.

2 Likes

This update fixed the lag problem I was having with my Wyze cam V2, It has also fixed the problem I was having watching playback from my SD card (very slow when skipping ahead or back). The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Android version 7.

3 Likes

Interestingly, I just got a popup on my 8-day old iOS version 2.5.53 that said lag problems were fixed. We weren’t affected, and the app didn’t update. So apparently you can send that update note to both platforms independently of any update.

Loaded it on a SAMSUNG-SM-J320 with 7.1.1 Android.
I’m on a fairly high speed network. I can ping the camera and get times of 13ms, 6ms, 5ms, 2ms.
A ping to wyze,com averages 15ms at 1930.

I set a V2 up and put my hand in front of it
The lag times:
54 second lag
17 second lag
24 second lag

The device has over 2GB of free memory out of 16GB.

1 Like

Be aware that when the Beta app was first installed, some people reported bad lag. Some so bad it froze their screen. Then it corrected, and they had no further issues. So if Wyze didn’t change that, let it play for a little while and see if the lag gets better or disappears.

3 Likes

On my unsupported Amazon Fire 10 running 2.5.33 (the beta version) I have virtually zero lag.
It was similar on my J3 with 2.5.33.

1 Like

Hey @UserCustomerGwen,

A little over a month has now passed since the Scheduler revamp. Wondering if there’s any time frame for adding labels & sorting to it?

I’ve been holding off on large-scale reorganization since the August changes in hopes that these features would emerge. With the current single task limitation, it would be extra helpful to at least regain labeling & sorting abilities to keep it all manageable.

I’ve accepted the fact that schedules will only be single-tasking for the foreseeable future. However, I also recall from the v2.5.28 thread that stop/end times were the sticking point for multi-task schedules. Would it be possible to allow us to add “one-way” multi-task items that don’t need end times? I know that many of my converted shortcuts are configured this way and they work perfectly. I had already created reciprocal end-tasks for most of my shortcuts anyway and I can live without the ability to specify end times for the time being until you guys roll out a more permanent solution. Bottom line for me is that the ability to execute multiple related steps within a single schedule is far more important than the elegance of terminating them within the same schedule item.

PS - I did also have a problem this weekend (within the v2.5.33 beta) beginning a schedule just before midnight to stop in the early morning. I thought this bug had been addressed weeks ago?

1 Like

Samsung S 4 with Android version 5.0.1 running pretty good initially , the app crashed 3-4 times but the lag time is about 1-2 seconds in HD , some other problems I had with 2.5.33 seem to be resolved.
2.5.30 would hardly run on this phone

5 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen. Thanks. The update fixed the problems on my secondary phone which is a S4. I no longer see green bars and can access each camera.

4 Likes

Nexus 7 tablet Android V6.0.1 , lag time about 1-2 seconds , HD , with V2.5.36 , didn’t experience any crashes, live view froze up a couple of times,
This device with app V2.5.30 , lag time about 26 seconds

4 Likes

Wow fantastic job Wyze. Speedy quick for me now. Many thanks.

5 Likes