An update on outdoor camera

Being a beta tester for other companies in the past I completely agree with this decision. I have seen products pushed out before they were ready and it was a total disaster. So I think this is an outstanding decision and it is a decision that is made based on customer service not on making money which is rare in this day and age

2 Likes

This bums me out a little bit, but like others I appreciate that you are working on bringing a functional product to the market and not something that is buggy and glitchy. I know it will be worth the slightly longer wait and canā€™t wait for it to finally be released in what I am sure will be all its glory!

Iā€™m ok with battery with power cord. But will it also have a SD card slot and can it record when the power is out. Also cool down needs to be better than 5 mins. Currently using blink and will keep them if wyze outdoor canā€™t beat blink. Blink will record up to 1 min as well. Iā€™ve been seeing yours will be 5 min cool down and only 12 sec rec. Please beat Blink.

2 Likes

A wyze fan! You guys are awesome, gl.
waiting on it.

So if I understand this right we will get a notification when the battery is low we will take the camera down and plug it in and charge it? Essentially just like Arlo? If thatā€™s the case I really donā€™t have a problem. It would be nice if we could buy extra batteries like Arlo and just swap them out and charge the batteries without having our cameras down

1 Like

Any possibility in making a wired model (non-battery one) in the future? Possibly after the release of the battery powered one so as not to interfere with your current schedule?

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for such a quick response! Exciting to see the launch of this product.

1 Like

Wyze does not ship internationally at this time because they are not an international companyā€¦yet. The fulfillment for your order was done by Amazon. Please keep in mind, Amazon isnā€™t supposed to be doing that, even with Wyze asking them not to, because they are not an international company. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great newsā€¦ power option.

If thereā€™s a hub involved wouldnā€™t a power outage cause the camera not to record until power is restored??

Price is the key.

I donā€™t need that battery. Keep the cost low!

Thank you for your honesty I really do appreciate it you guys keep up the good work and when the outdoor camp is ready to be launched I will be one of the first wants to buy it thank you and the whole team for all your hard work I just think you guys should know that the Wyze community and all your customers really appreciate everything you guys do thank you and have a wonderful holiday

I went through this topic pretty thoroughly and did not come across whether or not the outdoor cam will have a slot for a microSD card like the indoor cam. So my question is that, will the outdoor cam have a microSD slot?

Thanks for the updates and the constant transparency!

1 Like

The thread in the Roadmap for the outdoor cam is probably a better place to search, but here is the closest link to your answer I could find, but basically there is a base station for the cam and that will house the SD card

6 Likes

This is what I love about Wyze. When they fall short, they donā€™t retreat, but instead engage with the community with sincerity and over-the-top transparency. I love you guys!

3 Likes

Totally agree. Few companies today do this and it is very refreshing and exciting. Too many companies release a product assuming they know what the consumer wants and when it flops they donā€™t understand or appreciate why. Good on Wyze!

1 Like

Well at least they are being honest here in this statement but then again this is to insure customers stick around to buy their latest products. I can not say the same for the fact this is a communist Chinese run and owned company. Scary notion considering how much china is already spying on Americansā€¦ From Servers being built in Milipitas California that are sold to Apple and Amazon to spies being caught at Lawerence Livermore labs in Pleasington California. Which was a employee for 30 years at Lawerence Livermore labs before being caught. Sorry but Wyze is funded and backed by the Chinese state surely makes you wonder why they are so dirt cheap and spreading to all parts of sale venues like Homedumpo and Amazon. Now they want access to your digitally controlled locks. Sure chalk me up to a paranoid hold out in a underground bunker but you have to wonder after chinaā€™s long record of spying on Americans and stealing everything that is not nailed down. Food for thoughts folks.

And if youā€™re that scared of Wyze, youā€™re here in a community support forum because?

1 Like

Yes I see your point it would be better to warn or remind others of what I said above in say a McDonalds forumā€¦ Raym64

1 Like