All the product updates announced during the Wyzies

I certainly second that thought

Never bite the hand that feeds you… It’s a great camera, an even greater price… This is how they earn their living so I don’t begrudge them some profit.

3 Likes

You apparently don’t understand how business profit and loss works! To call them greedy is insulting not only to them but to those of us who understand that adding more features ISN’T free. Especially in the storage area. Server space is not free!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

3 Likes

The one downside to these cameras that has made them a “cool toy” rather than a security solution for me, is the 12 second videos and 5 minute cool down time. So happy to see there will be an option for continuous recording, as long as its reasonably priced.

1 Like

I can’t wait for your new products to come out! Very excited for the outdoor cam, doorbell, thermostat. Love that you are so responsive to your customers ideas and design products that WE want.

3 Likes

I can confirm that the outdoor cameras have a power cable for charging the battery and they work with it plugged in. :slight_smile:

But many of the questions in here I don’t have public answers for yet. I can say that we’re still interested in HomeKit but aren’t at that point yet due to hardware limitations. We’re keeping an eye out for opportunities and we’re still in contact with the HomeKit team.

9 Likes

Sounds like it. That would be similar to the way August locks work, for example. Personally, I’m less excited about that, because it makes for a huge monstrosity hanging off your door on the inside. But to each their own.

1 Like

Did you take out the trash already? I’ll pay your shipping if you want to send them to me. :slight_smile: Haha

2 Likes

That’s what I do too.

1 Like

Still nothing to replace that MaxDrive idea ha? Too bad, because that would have been great.

2 Likes

As Gwendolyn confirmed, You will still have the option to use a power cable if you want to on the outdoor cam.

2 Likes

Why only IP65? If they’re being built from the ground up IP66 should have been the minimum target. Also, why not add ONVIF support into these cameras? Let us integrate with NVR solutions we have running.

I also agree a POE option would be way better than the typical wireless chargeable cameras or at least make the option for that kind in the very near future.

You can vote for and/or comment on the Dashcam here:

1 Like

For those posting about requested products or features: all of the items mentioned so far are already listed in the #wishlist or #roadmap. The best place to get your thoughts considered by Wyze is to post comments and/or vote on the appropriate #wishlist or #roadmap topic. Posting here is not as likely to be seen or considered by Wyze.

Helpful links:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

4 Likes

Oh this was such a pleasure to read! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Wow sounds very exciting. I could see purchasing outdoor cams, thermostat, lock and sense once they are integrated with Alexa. Hopefully all your future products will come out of the box with integrated to Alexa.

Cost/benefit analysis.

1 Like

So basically because they cheap and didn’t want to put the research into it? Got it. Pretty sad if that’s the case. Plenty of areas that these cams will be destroyed because of the weak IP rating.

I don’t work there, but I assume they researched it. It seems like that would be a normal part of the development process for any outdoor product. If the manufacturing price and lead time were identical to make it IP65 or IP66 or IP67 or IP68, it would be a no-brainer, obviously. Cost/benefit analysis assumes research. :slight_smile: It means that the additional cost doesn’t merit the benefit. If 99% of their customers won’t pay more for it or benefit from it, it’s not worth the added cost.

Were you planning to use it under a waterfall?

4 Likes