An update on outdoor camera

Battery powered outdoor cam? I do not like the sound of that. It better be awesome.

Battery and also USB power cable, so both

Are you talking about the doorbell or the outdoor camera?

Proposed doorbell cam. The current ones available today are primarily battery poweredā€¦Wyze can do way betterā€¦

Any plans how long battery will last? With continuous recording, I am assuming, battery will last only few hours. Any plans for rechargeable battery

2 Likes

Hello @manoj80634 and welcome to the community

I doubt there is any way that there will be continuous recording while on battery power because like you said it would only last a few hours. I donā€™t know if it has been said what kind of batteries will be in it yet.

2 Likes

If itā€™s priced right, weatherproof, and the battery actually lasts as long as advertised (unlike some other outdoor camsā€¦), Iā€™ll buy at least two if not three.

Agree I would buy 1 or 2 right away. Some of the current ones available today actually have pretty good battery life, but are large and bulky. That is why a dual power, hard wire and battery is the best option. Smaller the better.

A battery operated outdoor cam? No thanks! Iā€™ll 100% pass on it. Needs to be a powered cam just like the others. People will be complaining about the action being cut off when itā€™s most needed. The regular Wyze V2 works just fine outside as long as itā€™s mounted under an overhang. Mine work when itā€™s 102 degrees or 18 degrees just fine. All of the jumpers and daisy chaining is just more nonsense IMO. Just run a 120 volt line behind your fascia boards and install outdoor rated boxes with receptacles. Simple, clean and permanent. Just my 2 cents.

It is a powered cam. It has a battery, but can also be powered by the cable that charges the battery, so both and when powered by the cable, the battery could act like a backup which is kind of cool.

2 Likes

would love to be in the beta testing group.

Yes that is a possibility but most customers donā€™t know how to or want to pay someone to run wires behind facia boards. I donā€™t currently have a doorbell cam, but one of the biggest attractive features of the current offerings from Ring Nest Skybell and all the knockoff units is installation is very quick and easy. I agree with you about full time power, that is why the option to simply connect to existing doorbell wiring is so appealing, Love my Wyze cameraā€™s but need a doorbell vid cam too.

Congrats Wyze on the door lock, another innovative and cool product.

I know the doorbell cam has been under development, and maybe know it will move to a higher priority.

If you need a beta tester count me in!

Dear Dongsheng

Iā€™m Cosme Averna, I live in Ushuaia Tierra Del Fuego Argentina, I think I bought two Wyze V2 cameras so far I have no news. Could you tell me how I can do to buy, since Amazon does not ship to the Argentine Republic.

Best regards and happy holidays.

Cosme Averna
Ushuaia
Tierra Del Fuego Republic of Argentina

Thatā€™s disappointing news since itā€™s been mentioned for a while that it would get released in 2019 but oh well.

Hopefully you (Wyze) can come back strong in 2020 with the outdoor camera and person detection for cameras. Since it was announced that person detection would be removed, my cameras have sucked regarding person detection, they werenā€™t that bad before, now they pick up shadows and leaves as people.

Also Iā€™ve read about the outdoor camera a lot but I didnā€™t find anywhere how long the cameraā€™s battery is supposed to last. On a full charge is it meant to last a couple of days or a couple of months? If itā€™s the latter Iā€™d ignore all the complaints about having to recharge/change the batteries. Any battery operated camera does not last more than a couple of months on a full charge (with normal motion detection settings).

I have two cameras WYZE V2 one outside, which has no battery, they are powered by 220 Volt, both, so I am not harmed at all.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Thanks for the update! Iā€™d rather wait a bit longer and have a great product that have a premature launch with a sketchy camera.

Cheers!

@PUPI, this Wishlist topic may interest you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, would definitely need more news/features before I would make strong assumptions. And when it comes to anything nowadays itā€™s better to make it right than to rush it. So do what you have to do.

They do ship Internationally I am in the UK bought from Amazon.com from Wyze Labs it was shipped (took about 2 weeks) delivered by UPS in UK.
What we want is better support for UKWyze users ie UK USB power supplies (240v supplies) included with the Cams instead of US and UK Wyze Plug/Sockets (240V supplies)