All the product updates announced during the Wyzies

I just reused an old magnet from a Protection One sensor that was installed in 1999. It was still attached where they placed it back then.

2 Likes

Yeah! I think I’m going to give my brothers the Cam + Sense Kits for Christmas. (That’s not on the website, but you can find them on eBay or at Home Depot.)

Or if they offer that Smart Home Starter Kit again for the holidays, I may get that, just because it’s nice to have everything packaged together for someone who isn’t already in the Wyze ecosystem. My only gripe about the Starter Kit is that I’d rather skip the Wyze-branded memory cards, just because you can get better ones for the same price. But Wyze does warranty them, so it’s not a big gripe.

No time like the present, there not on sale but they are available.

Oh nice. I didn’t check before I wrote that, I just knew it disappeared from the website the day after Wyze Day. Cool! Nice that it’s back.

I just noticed , price includes shipping

Yeah. Their pricing scheme is always confusing. Haha. I feel like they’ve created a perception problem for themselves because of the ostensibly “$20 camera” that’s really a $24-26 camera in every real-world scenario, regardless of quantity. Regardless, it’s an amazing product for a great price, but it makes it tough for them to package things together and make it look like a good deal, or for customers to feel like they’re getting a good deal by buying larger quantities to save on shipping.

If you put everything from the starter pack in your cart separately, it comes out to $109.36 after shipping, but the base cost is only $88.93. And $20 bucks in shipping seems more ridiculous when it’s applied to one item. Haha. So I guess that’s why they included it in them price.

They offer a great value, but I do think it causes a perception problem due to the fact that they build the shipping cost into the product price/profit, essentially. Despite the incredible price in the first place, customers don’t feel like they can find the product for a “good deal,” because customer perception of pricing is always relative. Haha. When other cameras discount theirs by 50%, they think “Well, I’ll wait until Wyze discounts everything by 50%,” which obviously just won’t ever happen.

I’m not complaining, by the way. It just think it’s an interesting marketing problem. Haha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere that an option to record to a local source other than the mini SD card (ie. a networked drive, NAS, or other local storage device) would be a possible option in the near future? Is this hapening? In a world where Privacy has become a big concern, I’d rather keep my feeds and recordings local instead of in a cloud sitting who knows where.

Wyze was working on a NAS, but the partnership fell through. Now it’s back in the researching phase. You can read about and vote for it here:

What is included in the brand new cloud infrastructure?

Also, what is the reason for focusing on so many new products, some of which are totally unrelated to the original camera and already have been established in the industry (such as a smart thermostat), when some basic functionality, such as getting an instant motion notification and being able to download the full motion event, are still not available, while people are having trouble with the other products, like the smart plug?

There isn’t anything wrong with adding more products (I’d like a smart lock, but everything I’ve found is expensive and don’t seem to get good reviews), but focusing on what is currently available, and at least meeting, if not exceeding what is already available from the competition, would make more sense. I’ve seen people here defend Wyze, saying they are a small group of people and are doing what they can, but they seem to be trying to expand too quickly, rather than focusing on their original products.

2 Likes

tl;dr: I won’t be buying any competitor products anytime soon. :slight_smile: It was, ahem, Wyze, to release this information, because I need some of these things and now have no urgent need to consider other purchases based on guessing or wondering what to do. #BrandLoyalty

1 Like

What happened to the temp/humidity sensor?

1 Like

I’m a new customer. I plan to order for myself and my kids on Black Friday. I Iove what I’m reading about this company and products. I am interested in a lock and doorbell for the future.

1 Like

We’re on the same boat @cam; this is what I’ve telling also around the forum. I think Wyze is rushing too much to expand their product line on smart things while some issues and development of their existing products are… I couldn’t say overdue, but are doubtingly slow on progress. This is also why most people even interested are hesitating to buy their new products as well as recommend them.

Except based on their customer support and the price it is usually worth a chance.

2 Likes

I love my Wyze products. I just wish there was better and more comprehensive Google Home support. I have no desire to ever own any Alexia device so, while I understand efforts to provide integration with it, I’d really like the same for Google Home. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes, I hope they develop their products to be more better on Google Home integration.

2 Likes

What about Wyze Electric Baseboard thermostat? There’s not many on the market, Only the Mysa, and it’s quite expensive for one thermostat. I have 5 thermostats for different rooms, having an affordable option to replace the majority of these would be cool!

1 Like

Yes. I’m with you. Btw another smart thermostat that will work with baseboard heat is the Warmup 4iE.

I have one controlling my under carpet heat mats. Only thing I don’t like is they are now only available in vertical mounting. Mines horizontal and I prefer it myself but they said customer feedback was against horizontal. They are based in England and the places there are smaller so I think that had something to do with it. I’ve had great interactions with their US office.