2.49 Release Candidate Beta Test 1/16/2024

Versions:

• Android: 2.49.0.b385
  • iOS: 2.49.0(3)

What’s New:

• Fixed a crash on Pixel devices when changing the display to the smallest setting in Landscape mode (Android)
  • Fixed a bug that hid the gunshot filter in the Events tab (Android)
  • Fixed crash that happened when viewing sensor video Events (iOS)
  • Bug fixes
8 Likes

I posted this in the last release. But in dark mode the green circles around the device on/off stay illuminated/lit up when devices are off.
When a device is off line you have a gray cloud, so I should be easy to make the circles grayed out too.

It just makes it easier to glance at the screen and see what’s on and off. With everything looking the same you really have to pay attention. (Well I do)

2 Likes

waiting for it to be available on Android.

installed on iOS, will test

3 Likes

As long as 2.49 is still being worked on can we get fix for the WCO cameras only being able to live stream for 10-15 seconds. It is hard to change setting or view the cam view when relocating without having to go back and forth in the app to get the cam in live view again. It X2 hard to download/view videos on scheduled event recordings also. It takes two or three attempts.
Just asking, It is a big PITA. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hmmmm, I just updated to the newest beta, and my “off” devices have the words and circle grey in dark mode, while the “on” devices are green.

1 Like

The issue where the speaker, mic, etc. icons not being viewable when grouped, and going to the camera individually after it comes up fully in the group view, is still there.

1 Like

It just showed up in the Play Store.

3 Likes

Android or iOS ?

I’m using iOS and mine are all green.

1 Like

Android

1 Like

To be honest not sure if this is an issue or not, but it seems odd. I will say I also saw this issue on 2.48 as well.

So not sure if this has always been this way, but I have been noticing when looking at events I see a picture that says, get cam plus for back to back recording and a zzz with 5mins. Now I will say i have this setup for continuous recoding to sd card, and it does record the whole time. Also I do want to say I get the notification about when the garage is open and closed every time. But maybe I need to watch this closer.

But really not sure what it’s talking about, but it seems to show up randomly. In it doesn’t happen every time. There doesn’t seem to be a reason why it’s showing this. And if I have an sd card, not sure why it would say I need cam plus for back to back recordings anyways.

I also noticed it will only show up if I have the one camera selected, if I have both of my cameras selected I do not see this. My second camera is not setup to record at all.

Also can anyone confirm if in the past on the events, there was one for when the garage opened and closed. I do get the push notifications to my phone that works great, but I want to say in the past I have seen those events being listed as well, but it seems the only ones it’s reporting is sound and Motion now.

1 Like

Yep. Got it late last night. Thanks

2 Likes

Non of my shortcuts/rules are working this morning.

I created a couple new ones and they also didn’t work. (Lights on/off, change colour and cameras on/off)

I tried the same rules using my Alexa routines and everything work like normal.

Not sure if this is related to the beta app or just Wyze in general.

2 Likes

My shortcuts and rule/triggers are broken. My rule/schedules are working fine though.

I think these issues are server-related as my issues were working fine last night and early this morning. Issues started happening a few hours ago.

3 Likes

I was just going to ping someone on this too
same thing, rules and shortcuts

as well as sensors and everything they control and notify. this has to be a server

@WyzeJasonJ wakey wakey :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming. I’ll activate the BatSignal. :+1:

3 Likes

awesome. thank you! looks like this is being caught rather fast, hopefully we can get it known before the Wyze world awakens

3 Likes

I confirm that Shortcuts are not working for me either. I don’t use them often, so I can’t say when they stopped, only that they currently don’t work.

3 Likes

glad I found this thread. my simple on/off outlet shortcuts are dead today, worked last night. Not on the beta version.

1 Like

Same here. One rule I can pinpoint as not working. Also looks like it happened sometime after 5:30 am EST

3 Likes