2.49 app, Cam v3 & Cam v3 Pro Firmware Beta Test 1/8/2024

2.49 app:

Versions:

• Android: 2.49.0.b383

• iOS: 2.49.0(2)

What’s New:

• Added support for the microphone setting for each camera in a camera group (excluding doorbells)

• Added support for Dark Theme for Homepage, Event page, and Event Filter page in App Settings

• Optimized Android location permission for Wyze Cam Floodlight Pro (Android-only)

• Bug fixes

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.11.8391

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented pairing to hidden networks

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam v3 Pro:

Version: 4.58.11.8391

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented pairing to hidden networks

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

6 Likes

Since the hotfix is going out today and the new beta is going out today, hopefully the hotfix is included in the beta and the hotfix doesn’t override the beta (this happens sometimes with hotfixes). We’ll let you know if there is an issue.

4 Likes

This Beta just showed up for me in Google Play! That was fast.

Looking GREAT!

5 Likes

Both iPhone and Android updated. Had to find the setting to turn off Dark mode - found it. Lots of cameras updated. Looks OK so far.

4 Likes

Did all of the updates. Will report back if I run into any issues

3 Likes

Updated Wyze Cam V3 and now no longer able to display the feed on my Google Nest Hub. The camera that I did not update the firmware is still working.

4 Likes

Is the 2.49 app going fix the issue (BUG) for the WCO cams that only allow live view on the app for 15-20 seconds before bitrate goes to 0.0 KB/s?

@Antonius: I have 3 WCO. I have experienced the issue you describe, but have always been able to fix it by rebooting the Wyze Base.

I’d be interested if that fixes it for you. Just remember to go back in and check your cooldown settings after the reset because, after resetting the Base unit, the cooldown settings reset themselves to one minute as a default.

Not restarting the base does nothing for me except making me change the cooldown settings on all four WCO back to no cooldown again from the default 1 min. :slightly_frowning_face:

Updated all v3 and v3p. All is well with them, one did fail to update on first try but took after without any further intervention. I did notice the v3 seem to have a better connectivity performance and snappier call-up on app. Not sure if this was an intentional update outcome or I just “feel” like things are quicker although nothing is mentioned in patch notes.

2 Likes

I Heard that Wyze is aware of this and currently working on it. I tested with mine and am experiencing the same issue with my V3Pro’s and V3’s.

1 Like

New app has done away with any sound and mic controls for floodlight pro… No speaker icon, no mic icon.

App:
V3Pro. You can’t turn off mic and leave speaker on. Each time you turn off mic, speaker goes off and you have to turn speaker back on.

V3s are better…after one reset of speaker, micr off doesn’t turn off speaker.

I just looked at my Floodlight Pro and the Mic and Speaker is available on mine. Tap on the Live Stream and they appeared for me.

Here is the image:

2 Likes

Verified that all my V3s are visible in Google Home (Android)
Installed on one of my V3
That V3 is no longer showing video in Home.
The others are still working.
Attempted to Reconnect in Home gives an error right after logging into Wyze step.

2 Likes

Bummer. Other things that might be worth checking…

Do you have a strong wi-fi signal to the base (if not connected by ethernet cable)?

Is the signal strength from the base to the cameras also strong?

@WyzeJasonJ I confirm that this firmware appears to break Google Home Streaming on V3’s. Those that don’t have the firmware are still working in Google Home (and Google Displays), but those that have it won’t work. Must be the firmware.

EDIT: It appears that the firmware also breaks Alexa streaming. So maybe it broke all 3rd Party WebRTC connections?

2 Likes

I’m on Android, speaker and mic aren’t there on live view, but seams they are on group view.

1 Like

Floodlight control, resolution pic n pic also not there.

1 Like