New Beta Version APP released on 2/22

We just released a new Beta app version of 2.1, which we made some improvements and due to the feedback of the previous version. Due to the IR light and night vision related issue on Pan, we hid the IR light control toggle, it will be back once we resolve the issue. Looking forward to your feedback. Here are the changelogs based on the previous Beta version. Thank you very much and have a great weekend!

iOS 2.1.20

• Optimized the experience and fixed some issues in bulk firmware upgrade.

• Added a link to bulk firmware upgrade page in the individual camera upgrade notification.

• Changed the notification toggle (bell icon) in Home tab from the left side to right side.

Android 2.1.25

• Optimized the experience and fixed some issues in bulk firmware upgrade.

• Added a link to bulk firmware upgrade page in the individual camera upgrade notification.

• Changed the notification toggle (bell icon) in Home tab from the left side to right side.

• Fixed an issue may cause a crash when watching the event clips.

• Fixed the issue may change media volume to 100 when opening two-way speak on Pan.

• Improved the compatibility on the screens with a notch.

3 Likes

@XRoyHe

Thanks for moving the bell icon!

Regarding the IR switch, is that only for Pans?

Also, with the switch gone, if IR emitters off was previously selected, does it stay that way?

3 Likes

Yikes, that last question is extremely relevant!

2 Likes

Same thought crossed my mind on the state of the IR emitters with the toggle now removed.

1 Like

Regarding the IR switch - no it was removed for both Pan and V2 cameras :frowning_face:
Still daylight here so can’t tell on the status, but I would assume that it is the same as they were last left.

Okay then. No updating the app for me until I know. I am now relying on my IR LEDs being off on a couple of V2s. Don’t want them going back on if I update the app.

2 Likes

Just tested it right now, IR emitters are still off but I would expect if you had it turned off before updating then it will stay the same. Just the button toggles were removed.

1 Like

I will let you know after I get home (and it gets dark) in a couple hours. I also have several cameras that shoot through glass so it’s a requirement to keep the IR LEDs off. Been nice the past week or two to be able to go into night mode with the LEDs locked off…

1 Like

Sorry for any inconvenience, a factory reset can help you out the IR light off issue. https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014440692-Factory-reset

@XRoyHe Perhaps I wasn’t clear… I want the IRs to STAY off. Will that stay that way absent a factory reset?

1 Like

I had some errors while updating 2 of my cameras, but after waiting a while, like 10 minutes, they came back. If I had read that you could not longer turn off the LEDs in night mode, in would have stayed with the previous beta. If that feature coming back, I find it very helpful?

@Loki it looks like your answer has come…sounds like it goes back to turning them on and you having no control over turning the leds off.

Is there a way to install the previous beta app for Android? I only have cam 2’s, no pan cams.

1 Like

On the latest beta and IR emitters are still off.

1 Like

@mixonepa oh ok, I must have misunderstood a previous post. thank you.

This is interesting. This afternoon I received the notice for iOS beta version 2.1.21 and installed it. Now about 5 hours later, I received a notice that new beta version 2.1.20 is available. Are we counting backwards?

The loss of the IR emitter toggle should have been listed in the changes in Testflight. Like others I would not have upgraded my beta on at least one iOS device if I’d known about the change.

2 Likes

In Test flight…
Wyze App

Previous builds
2.1.16 Under… Show Builds
Install

After install, OPEN
Toggle on/off back…

Works this way for me anyways…
Enjoy,

Jon

2 Likes