WyzeCam App storage management (Android)

I understand now. Yes I have to manually remove them from my android due to size limitations. Would just be better to stream as you mentioned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very much need to have the option to change the download the video location to microSD.

2 Likes

I agree with the need to save images/video to my phone’s microSD instead of the main memory.

Also, how are Android’s HL and Wyze folders organized, if I want to manually copy these files to my microSD?
Wyze>Camera>Video looks like short triggered clips.
Wyze>Camera>manual looks much the same.
HL>API >img>cam looks like freeze frames from the cams.
HL>API>timelapse has cascading folders with timelapse video, stills, and h264 info. But how is it organized?

Or does the file organization even matter? It looks like I delete / attach / upload everything from each individual cam’s “Album”.

1 Like

Manually managing files now on my Samsung Tab S2. I have a 128 GB microSD Card and use an external 750 GB USB Hard Drive unit that is exFat formatted. It is a pain in the neck to transfer and organize files with names like 1552528622000_2CAA8E0BFB0911552528622.mp4, 1552333803.mp4, 2CAA8E0BF453_1552234438194.png, etc.

It would be nice to have an upgrade to the WYZE App that would allow files to be offloaded, renamed, organized or grouped and transferred to external storage devices. This could also be a standalone App. I would be willng to pay extra for this.

3 Likes

:+1: The ability to specify a file storage location (user installed SD card vs internal Android device memory) seems to be a common feature on many Android apps, so it shouldn’t be all that complex to add ?? :thinking:

I can live with manually moving the files off to PC/NAS/etc every so often, but it would be very nice to have the extra breathing room of my usually empty 128 GB SD card vs the almost always full 16 GB internal device storage. :wink:

Managing files on Android devices is a pain. It would make life easier if the WYZE App had some built in user friendly options to be able to move, store and rename files. The file names that the WYZE App assigns have little obvious meaning to the average user.

1 Like

I’d like the capability to set the directories for everything but the time lapse is the most important. If I have X cameras running time lapse I’d like to be able to give each timelapse a unique name when I create it.
And if at all possible save it directly to the Android phone’s SD-card instead of internal memory.

1 Like

I’m requesting a better way to organize the files through Android.

It appears new folders are created (four in total) every time you interact with the app. Rather than one folder for all media files, I get folders called “cam”, “pic”, “Video”, and “Snapshot” all for the Wyze app.

Certainly there’s a more efficient way for the Wyze app to handle the Android file system?

WyzeFiles|250x500

Is there a way to change the default video and picture storage to an installed SD card on phones/tablets instead of internal storage?

1 Like

@LKin, I have moved your question over to this #wishlist topic so you can vote, and or discuss what you’re asking about, here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way I can route these pictures that are saved to somewhere else on my phone?
I am deleting pictures and videos CONSTANTLY. If I am to busy to keep up for even a day it is a huge task with 9 different cameras doing this.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

1 Like

Hi @JennLynnC. I have moved your post to this existing Wishlist topic so you can VOTE on it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

EDIT: After reviewing the original title on your topic, you might want to see this thread as well.

1 Like

I own a older Samsung with not alot of room and use a SD card to hold vids,etc. Could you add the option for internal and external storage in the app?

2 Likes

My phone internal storage gets full quickly with images and videos I download from my Wyze cams. It would be great if there was an option to have them download directly to my phone’s SD card instead. A lot of my other phone apps have this option.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission.]

2 Likes

Advent of saving videos, would like the ability to save to ext SDcard instead of default internal.

thank you.

1 Like

Wish:
To make my phones SD card the default location for storing video, time lapse, etc., recorded from my Wyze Cam.

Reason:
Recording from Wyze Cam (which I need for ongoing monitoring of nearby by-law violations ) fills my phone memory and makes my phone sluggish. I have a huge SD card and can make that the default for photos and videos on my phone. It would be great if there was a setting in the Wyze app to direct recording to SD cards.

1 Like

This should be a high priority for the Wyze app. My recordings are large, and my phone’s internal memory is tight. I have a 64gb SD card in my phone, but cannot download video to it.

Please make this an option!!!

3 Likes

Wyze folder almost 2GB of the phones 32GB with LOTS of room on SD card … the size and frequency of the Wyze folder getting so large is a real problem… my phone is “filling up” and a full main Android storage space is a VERY unhappy phone. The ability to have the app use the SD card would solve this issue.

Note: also why the heck does it download a timelapse only to dupicate it to a new file extension?? Almost every time I do a timelapse now there is not enough room for the file to be “duplicated” and I need to connect my phone to my laptop, move the original file to my laptop and view it there!! VERY frustrating, very user unfriendly…

1 Like

Adding my voice, and vote:
On my Samsung J3, which has 16GB internal memory, Wyze app consumes > 700MB. Many apps can live entirely on uSD card. Seems reasonable to expect your app to allow the same flexibility.

2nd prize: tell customers whether they can Clear Data with impunity.

Let Wyze app live on external storage

While I wish i had 64GB of internal storage, I don’t. Many apps e.g., Pocket, Photos, Stocard etc. let owners move them to external, where on my phone I DO have a 64 G micro SD.
Right now Android reports that Wyze app is using 380MB of my internal memory.
If other developers can provide this flexibility, why not Wyze?