Is there a tip on how to get Wyze app to save my downloads to my phone's SD card?

I can get some apps to save files to my Android phone’s external SD card, including the camera app. And I tried to find where I could do that with saving pics and events, etc. to it as well but couldn’t find any. Am I missing something? Or is that not even an option? I’m just trying not to use up the little amount of internal memory I have.
I wanted to make sure, because if it’s not an option I can put it in as a request.

Thanks.

1 Like

It depends on how you originally mounted the SD Card. If you mounted it as Removable Storage (external) or Internal Storage.

It is also going to depend on the settings for the apps you are using. Some may not have the option to redirect the default save location. The Wyze App, for example, has no setting to redirect the Album to a different storage device.

I have many apps that I can redirect to save on the SD Card thru the app settings. For those that can’t, I use Folder Sync to sweep all the files in the folders on the Internal Phone Drive over to the SD Card folders of my choice.

1 Like

Right, that’s what I do with my camera app, and some other apps. That’s why I was asking if it can be done with the Wyze app. Does that “Folder Sync” app save files automatically to the SD card? Or do you have to tell it to do it after a download? I’ll have to look into that.

In Folder Sync, you set up folder pairs. Then you tell it what to do with the files in those two folders and when to do it. It also has options for Webhook and Automation triggers.

1 Like

Great, thanks. Will give it a try.

1 Like