Wyze Webview Beta Now Available! - 11/23/21

I know, this is a minor issue, but could we please get the cursor to default to the text field on this page? I don’t know how many times I’ve rushed to type in my 6 digit code from my authenticator app only to look up and I’m not even in the box :slight_smile: Us old folk need a head start lol

1 Like

I didn’t see any information posted here so wanted to clarify…this uses a Wyze web server to provide connection to the videos, no? I have limited bandwidth on my home network (15mb down/4mb up) and I get the feeling this would dramatically affect my network. I have to assume that there is no direct connection to the cameras with this.

1 Like

LOVE it when it works. Works for a couple of minutes then stops and I have refresh the screen and get back into it. Hope they can work out the bugs quickly. I use your cams at my retail store to watch the front door and buzz people in when they arrive. It’s a pain to do this from my phone. I’d love to be able to keep the screen up all of the time on my second monitor. I am using a Mac Book Pro and Safari to access the page.

I stand corrected. I guess this does work, but you need Cam Plus. I finally decided to do the 2 week trial of C+ the last 2 weeks of November. Sadly, it was a total disaster. Didn’t work. I thought i would subscribe since it’s such a minimal cost, but …
May flash Dafang, but don’t know if:

1. it works with Outdoor
  2. if i can still use the Wyze app to view

No…only Pan V1 and V2 cameras are supported by the DaFang firmware.

Again, no. It replaces the Wyze firmware on the camera.

ok. thanks. so then u use tinycam to view on android devices? what do you use? oh no! i still have one working sensor…so have to stick with wyze o/s.

thanks!

just tested the webview of my Wyze cam 3 and although took me awhile to get to the specifics – I can see my live video from the camera. Just wanted to provide feedback.

Hello from Australia - Is Wyze Webview currently available for Wyze Outdoor Cameras or am I missing something ?

@Nanna_Rach , For the Wyze Cam Outdoor (WCO, battery powered) it does not.

While we’re talking about that two-factor authentication prompt, I’d like to say that Wyze is the ONLY website I’ve ever encountered that doesn’t allow a device to be marked as “safe”. That is, EVERY time I log into Wyze I have to enter my 2FA code. This is overkill on my personal devices. There should be the “usual” check box on that screen that says “don’t ask me again on this device” or similar. It should default to UNCHECKED but should allow users to check it if on a secure, personal device.

1 Like

You need to keep in mind that this is a bare bones beta test not a finished product

1 Like

Well, the same is true of the login for the Wyze forum, so I don’t think this has to do with the beta. It seems the authentication system is separate/modular (a good thing), and that’s where the problem is. It only really became a nuisance to me lately as I have to log in every time to get to the Web View…

if you have a problem with the wyze forum log in , that would be a totally separate issue

Actually, I have a couple of other devices that require it at each log in.

Having to log in and go through the 2FA Craptcha may depend on your browser and many other things. I’run Chrome for the most part. I tried running Edge for a while and I got so every time the Webview reset I had to do the “pick a pic”. Doesn’t always happen with Chrome.

You’re right, both the 2FA prompt not focusing on the entry box and the fact that it is missing a way to remember specific devices are separate issues from the web view as they are handled at “auth.wyze.com”. I’ve created a new wishlist topic to address these but it needs to be approved by a moderator.

Hello,

A few comments:

1. It seems weird to be sitting in the room with the camera, and webview spins a long time before connecting. Well, is 50+ seconds too long? Yeah, these days it is. But it’s better than day one!
  2. The picture is excellent once it comes in - no complaints.
  3. It used to time-out, but I’ve been watching two feeds for over 10 minutes - much better!
  4. If you switch to Events and back to Live Stream, you have to restart the cameras that were active :frowning: Events seem to be working fine though.
  5. I don’t think it’s fair to only have Cam+ cameras on webview? Give us a break please?
  6. What other webview options will be made available? Will we be able to set motion alerts, timers, pan and tilt, etc?
  7. At least once, the page seemed to crash and redirect to the login page? Let us know if are implementing a login time-out.
  8. Remote cameras on another network are responding better!
  9. I need to be able to rearrange the videos on the page?
  10. One use is likely to be pet watching, so be able to set up AI capture would be good. Two way audio would be cool.
  11. Please go look at Ring’s implementation of their Web Dashboard. I think you folks could learn a lot… that’s no sin.
  12. And finally, please add SmartThings support like you should have done years ago…

Les

The cameras need to start live viewing without having to click on them. Leaving the web page and having to click everything is just silly and to time consuming the more cameras you have

I have subscribed to unlimited plan and cancelled it after two weeks since just having only 10 licenses turned on used up a lot of internet data and I have limited 1.2TB/month comcast internet plan. Also the huge amount of uploading to camplus cloud made my mesh system unstable.

I will subscribe again if there is easy control of switching between camplus and regular 12 seconds motion detection. I want all my 42 cams on camplus when I am not at home. Also there should be an option to have camplus web viewing and regular 12 seconds motion detection. Challenge is camplus AI is done @ cloud servers and there is no local processing.

Currently I have just 1 camplus license from HMS and 1 free trail one. I use the regular 12 seconds clips as markers and click playback to get longer clips.

There are so many rules to control so many Wyze products but there is zero rule available to control Camplus usage. Wyze, please pay more attention to camplus rules since you are pushing camplus so hard and camplus recurrent income is very important to the company.

Also that area detection thing is still not working correctly triggering a lot of unwanted clips.

Only found out about this a short while ago after reading recent email. I have 6 cameras 2 at a remote location and once I’d updated the firmware got them all to show on the browser which is impressive given I’m running cloudflare vpn at home (not at remote location with is running a 4g router but also running on safari browser on iOS which obfuscates the MAC address so impressed with the networking wizardry going on in the background.
Only issue I’m having is getting all 6 to live stream ,best I can achieve is any 5.
It would be fab is it worked with HomeKit without doing all the hacks but understand the Apple tax reason. Very impressed so far.