Wyze Watch 44mm Firmware 0.3.91 Released - 6/23/21

Wyze Watch 44mm firmware 0.3.91 is releasing! This adds app management, improves stability, and improves cycle tracking logic.

Read our Release Notes:

2 Likes

ā€˜App managementā€™ is the sorting of the watch apps.

1 Like

I had posted in the Wishlist to add a quicker access to the Shortcuts (such as a swipe-left menu since there is nothing there now) and this update did just that with the App Management feature, allowing me to place Shortcuts at the top of the swipe-right menu. Excellent work Wyze, thank you!

4 Likes

How did you reorder your apps? I canā€™t find any direction on how to use this new feature.

There is a new ā€œWatch App Displayā€ menu item on the home page of the 44ā€™s plug-in. Just touch that, and you will get a list of apps to reorder. Just touch the 3 lines at the end of each appā€™s line to drag the item where you like, then click ā€œSaveā€ in the app-right corner.

3 Likes

@Newshound thanks so much!

I canā€™t seem to update to the new firmware version 3.91. When I check the firmware version on the phone app, Iā€™m told itā€™s up to date at 3.90. Iā€™ve rebooted and no change. I thought this update was in general release. Any suggestions?

Same issue for me here. Any input from the community or official sources would be appreciated.

@UserCustomerGwen I tried again today and still couldnā€™t update the firmware. Iā€™ve made sure my Wyze app is up to date and checked everything else I could think of. Iā€™ve stopped short of doing a total reset. Any input would be most welcome for those of us who canā€™t seem to get this update to work. Thank youā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s been 2 weeks using the latest firmware and I believe mine is bugged causing the watch to restart randomly, other than that it is working well and I think the sleep tracking has improved.

My watch updated to v0.3.90 this morning. Is 91 being held back for some reason?

Thanks,

I have version 91, but like @SID328 my watch is restarting itself frequently. The sleep tracking seems to think Iā€™m awake far more often and for longer periods than I am throughout the night (comparing against my cpapā€™s tracking), and my watch is not counting steps for large chunks of the day. Last night it counted nothing from 5-10pm.

We have not received an answer regarding it. I had .91 in the beta but tried to put it back on my replacement 44 to no avail. Then .91 was announcement as ā€œgeneral releaseā€ firmware update on June 23 but Iā€™ve not seen it. The radio silence about the ā€œmissing .91ā€ release is something Iā€™d expect from other companies. This is odd and sad for Wyze, who Iā€™m beginning to lose a bit of excitement and trust in because of this.

Are you using the .91 beta version or the general release? Both have been missing apparently for a bit now. So maybe you got .91 on your device before it was pulled from beta? (this happened to me).

It must be the general version-I never actively sought out the beta version.

They must be working on the step count calibration-after no steps one evening, I have apparently racked up over 17,000 while sitting at my computer typing for a new hours this morning. But on the plus side, while the phone wonā€™t connect to update the app, my home monitoring updates are still coming through whenever a door opens.

Can confirm. My 44 watch restarts on average, once a day.

Just chiming in to add my experience thus far with 0.3.91:

1. Frequent, unexplained restarts.
  2. No step counting
  3. No Raise to Wake

All of the above were fine before installing the update.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
Can you please provide a comment or update to this thread? Let us know status of the firmware or where we are wrong?

I was told to wait for development over 3 weeks agoā€¦was also told by wyze support that they wouldnā€™t be able to follow-up with updates and to be patientā€¦What kind of service is that, I canā€™t help you further and i wonā€™t update you. Basically wait until we fix it, but we have no idea when that will beā€¦sorry .

1 Like