Wyze Video Doorbell v2 - Ring and Motion Sound Setting

Welcome to the Forum, @acidsoup! :wave:

I think we’re all missing it, because it isn’t there. I also think you have a good point about wanting a different notification sound for a doorbell button press vs. a motion alert. I hadn’t really considered something like that before, but I think it makes sense, and a few other topics come to mind:

1. There’s a Wishlist topic where you can vote for and add your comments about such a feature: Individual Camera, Sense, Doorbell, AI detection type, etc. Alert Notification Sound and/or Color.
  2. I’ve read a suggestion in another Wishlist topic about using a third-party app to manage (intercept) notifications, and reading about some of them it seems like it might be possible to assign different sounds to different notification types, though I don’t have personal experience with this:
    Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users - #1037 by carverofchoice.
  3. What you’re suggesting as a feature for a possible future app update seems like a good candidate for yet another (newer) Wishlist topic: Wyze app 3.x - Additions and changes

I hope that you’ll consider taking some time to vote and comment in one or more of the above topics—especially the third one—and I hope that Wyze is wise enough to take more users’ votes and comments into account for future app releases.

1 Like