Wyze Video Doorbell v2 - Ring and Motion Sound Setting

Hello,
I own several Wyze devices already and I’m familiar with the Wzye app interface. I just purchased a Wyze Video Doorbell v2. Looking at the app interface and in Accounts for Sound Notification you can only pick one universal notification for sound for both doorbell press and motion alert?

My old Ring doorbell allow me to select different sounds for motion and doorbell rings.

The Wyze Video Doorbell v2 doesn’t have this features and its one sound type for all alerts as this can be confusing if someone comes in the front doors vs rings the door.

Am I missing this feature somewhere else in the mobile app, its only one options for sound or this features is coming in a upgrade?

Thanks,
Sam

Welcome to the Forum, @acidsoup! :wave:

I think we’re all missing it, because it isn’t there. I also think you have a good point about wanting a different notification sound for a doorbell button press vs. a motion alert. I hadn’t really considered something like that before, but I think it makes sense, and a few other topics come to mind:

1. There’s a Wishlist topic where you can vote for and add your comments about such a feature: Individual Camera, Sense, Doorbell, AI detection type, etc. Alert Notification Sound and/or Color.
  2. I’ve read a suggestion in another Wishlist topic about using a third-party app to manage (intercept) notifications, and reading about some of them it seems like it might be possible to assign different sounds to different notification types, though I don’t have personal experience with this:
    Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users - #1037 by carverofchoice.
  3. What you’re suggesting as a feature for a possible future app update seems like a good candidate for yet another (newer) Wishlist topic: Wyze app 3.x - Additions and changes

I hope that you’ll consider taking some time to vote and comment in one or more of the above topics—especially the third one—and I hope that Wyze is wise enough to take more users’ votes and comments into account for future app releases.

1 Like

Thank you, I voted, and I look forward to future improvements.

1 Like

Voted, just in case I ever get one.

1 Like