Wyze video doorbell push notifications only for doorbell ring

I have recently installed video doorbell where everything working fine.

I’ve gone into the wyze app, on both my android phone and tablet setups, and under account | notifications | push notifications | video doorbell confirmed that i have changed “notify me when camera” | “detects motion” from on to off.

My expectation is this point our phone(s) and tablet(s) with the wyze app installed will only get push notifications when someone rings the doorbell not when they walk by video doorbell and it detects motion, i.e. for that it will just record the event.

That is not what is happening, we are still getting push notifications when the video doorbell detects motion. Any suggestions on steps to configure this so we only get notifications when doorbell is range and detected motion is simply recorded as an event only to be viewed later?

Send a screenshot of the notifications page in your doorbells settings > notifications

1 Like

Turn off your notifications for Detects Any Other Motion and Wyze AI Events and turn on the VOIP in the App Push Notifications settings.

2 Likes

@IEatBeans, thanks for the response. Attaching requested app > video doorbell > settings > notifications screenshot.

@SlabSlayer, thanks for response. The app > account > notifications > push notifications > video doorbell > notifications screen is identical to the app > video doorbell > settings > notifications screenshot shared above with slabslayer.

That is to say it only has a “notify me when camera” > “detects motion” option not any “detects any other motion” and “wyze ai events” options. Perhaps you have those options because you are enabled with the enhanced fee based services,

In the app > account > notifications > push notifications > voip screenshot i’m attaching it denotes that this only applies to when someone rings the doorbell. What i’m looking to disable is push notifications when motion is detected. I’m fine with receiving them when someone rings the doorbell in lieu of a voip call which i find disruptive, especially if i’m in the middle of a meeting.

With your notification settings as they are, you should not be getting push notifications when the cam detects motion and records a 12s video to the Events tab … Provided it is working correctly on the Wyze server end.

Understand your desire to not use VOIP. Should have no effect on your push notifications.

If your VDBv1 is currently working, I would recommend NOT updating the firmware until such time as we have a confirmed stable release.

However, you may need to force a sync of your phone app settings and the server with a cache clear procedure:

Account → App Settings → Clear (Cache); Account → Sign Out; Close App; Force Close App from OS app info; Reopen App; Login; test.

1 Like

Stepped through the Account → App Settings → Clear (Cache); Account → Sign Out; Close App; Force Close App from OS app info; Reopen App; Login; sequence on both phone and table installs of wyze app.

After doing so also tried turning “notify me when camera” > “detects motion” option back on, confirming the updated setting was showing in both phone and tablet instances of app, waiting for 10 minutes, then turning it back off, confirming the updated setting was showing in both phone and tablet instances of app, waiting 10 minutes then retesting to see if push notifications for detected motion now being suppressed and i’m still getting same result.

It sounds to me like the off settings from the server are not registering. You definitely shouldn’t be getting any motion notifications with the settings off.

Not sure if it might be a result of the AWS outage today or if it is an issue w\ the App\FW version you are running.

Beyond a delete and reinstall, which is a real pain, I would suggest contacting Customer Support:

Disable this one to for motion notifications.

Shouldn’t effect notifications for the button press. Test it and try it out.

2 Likes

@Omgitstony, thanks for response. That fixed it.

Has me really confused as to how i’m supposed to be interpreting that UI view.

What different result do you get if you have notifications = on + notify me when camera | detects motion = on vs when i have notifications = on + notify me when camera | detects motion = off? Must be something novel given one uses notifications = off to disable text messages when motion occurs.

Especially confusing is that none of that UI affects support for notifications when the doorbell button is pressed. Which incidentally is the event i always want to receive notifications for.

1 Like

Absolutely great questions! I was also operating under the assumption that disabling that setting would also disable the button press notification.

Why have a toggle for disabling motion notifications if it is just useless screen art?

So how would button press notifications be disabled then?

1 Like

And how about ability to say i want push notifications when motion is detected near video doorbell on my phone install of wyze app but not in case of wyze app install on my tablet or other household member phone’s. Currently it’s an everyone gets the same settings experience.

1 Like

Yea this is currently not possible :frowning:

Please hit the green VOTE button on this wishlist request.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up about that existing wish list item. While it is something i also would like, and have pushed the green vote button on, its different than what i would like to see. I’m asking for both the primary admin of the device and those who access to it has been shared to be able to maintain different push notification settings.

Yea, that wishlist is kinda a mega-thread. All related wishes (like notification settings per user/role) are merged into it for one giant list. I suggest adding what exactly you want to that wishlist.

2 Likes

I’m reading this thread looking for the simple answer to “can I receive notifications on my (non-Pro) Wyze Doorbell for when the bell is rung ONLY?”
I have the CAM+ subscription which includes “Detects Wyze AI Events” but I don’t see any way to get what I want, and this thread seems inconclusive with regard to this issue.

In the Video Doorbell Device Notification settings, the Notifications option will need to be enabled while the Wyze AI Events and Any other Motion will need to be disabled.

1 Like

Thank you!
Dale

1 Like