Wyze Vacuum will not pair

Hey Folks - trying to pair the Wyze Vacuum with zero success. I am able to get to the connecting screen and then it craps out after a few minutes. Anyone have any advice? I’d really like to use this device.

What is the light on the vacuum button doing?

Hi @edanco and welcome to the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a new app to address some Vacuum troubles:

• Android 2.16.55 (January 16, 2021) and
  • iOS 2.16.46 (January 16, 2021)

And a new Vacuum F/W update 1.6.75 (December 17, 2020)

Tips: Shut off your phone’s mobile data connection.
The 5Ghz WiFi may have the same SSID (name) as the 2.4Ghz WiFi. In either case it is easier if the 5Ghz is shut down or disabled until the Vacuum is setup.

When you get to the part where you connect your phone to WVCR_XXX (Vacuum’s WiFi) it will disconnect from your home WiFi and switch automatically.
You may see a waning that Internet is not available and if you want to keep the WVCR connection, you want to keep it.

Hope this helps!

If al else fails, there is a survey for Pairing Problems:

1 Like

Both buttons flashing white

Just opened it today, can’t pair it.

It took me almost three hours to manage it and I can’t tell you what I did differently the last time. I know it showed connected and I quickly when back to the app, got a message it didn’t have internet, and while I was thinking I would give up and return it, it paired.
I know I rebooted modem and router and it didn’t seem to help. I had to keep a careful watch that my 5G connection stayed disconnected through the process. I finally told my phone to forget the 5G. I know I reset the internet on the vacuum by holding down both buttons until the little voice said it was reset just before my final, and successful, attempt.
Hope these random notes help.

Thank you! How can you tell a phone to forget 5g? I searched it on the internet but that didn’t help.

@condajm Connect to your WiFi 2.4G and either shut off the 5G on your router ot delete the phone’s connection to your WiFi 5G.
Also make sure the phone’s mobile data is shut off until after successful pairing w/vac.

@condajm & @sampson.dk pointer:

• When you get to the part where you connect your phone to WVCR_XXX (Vacuum’s WiFi) it will disconnect from your home WiFi and switch automatically.
  • You may see a waning that Internet is not available and if you want to keep the WVCR connection, you want to keep it.

I don’t know iOS, nut in Android, go to phone settings, WiFi, hold your finger on the 5G connection until you see a submenu and choose Forget.

1 Like

Good point. Also, the password is the password for your 2.4 internet connection. That isn’t in the instructions anywhere I could find.

I got my vac on 1/22 and have tried everything to set this up. I’m using by 2.4 wifi, Android app is current. I see this article that was posted yesterday:

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054871592-Important-Set-up-your-Wyze-Robot-Vacuum-ASAP

I thought they had this worked out when they paused shipping. I am frustrated from trying to connect for 2 days.

Call Wyze Live support +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

So it looks like we hit the sweet spot where we didn’t set up our vacuums by yesterday (got mine last weekend and first chance was today), and now we have to send them back. Of course, I just read the message from Dr. know, and it is after 4:00, so I can’t call support.

My box was torn down by my son, so i can’t send it back correctly. Still, I love my Wyze products and know when I call back Monday they will help fix my problem.

@condajm That is Pacific time, you still have 45 minutes.

1 Like

calling!

I called and got threw, nice lady but there wasn’t much she could do. She said they are aware of it and working on it, just like the day before when a bunch of us including me had the binding error.

She took all my specific information and said they would email me if they needed anything else. In the meantime she told me to wait 24 hours and keep an eye out for app updates. Once again she said they are aware and logging all the information for people who can’t connect.

UGH! On hold for 15 minutes so far. Closes in five minutes. How do I get on the list of people they email to help on this one?

I was able to get through to the helpline after 20 minutes. All I got was an email to fill out the problem and submit. Sounds like they have a lot of issues on it. Fingers crossed. Let me know if anyone has any luck.

Do you have the email address?