Wyze Vacuum WiFi Connection Drops Out

No. When I turned in last night it was still disconnected. When I got up this morning it was back online.

I turned the vacuum off, turned it back on and it connected. Unfortunately, I started a “room clean” and it did not work at all. It basically just went to a specific space in the room where the charger is and went back and forth in a 2 inch space until 10 minutes later it said it was done and went back to the charger. I have tried this 3 times with the exact same result. This stinks since I thought it was working perfectly after the first cleaning after the new update when it worked perfectly until it returned to the charger and disconnected.

Mine is doing the same thing. disconnected from the internet and I’m on the newest software. I don’t want to remap again!

Mine too, disconnected again. It went from working great to not working right for a couple days and ready to return to working great again to disconnected again…,getting old, my other 2 cheap ones work every time, never an issue once in a year. I really wanna love this vacuum but it’s about 70-30% working, not working, in only like 2 weeks, getting frustrating

Just got my vaccum today and set it up, no issues. After about an hour of cleaning, it just stopped. I went to the app and tried to restart and it said it was no longer connected to the internet. This is less that 20 feet from the router. I tried twice, and it turned completely off and back on, and started a new map. I sent it back to charge. I like the way it cleans, but if it can’t stay connected, that will be a disappointment.

Make sure you have the latest firmware and app. After the server issues last week, I have had 2 perfect runs.

Also understand we are on the bleeding edge here. Give the team some time. Good luck!

Yes my apps are always current. I realize this is still very new. Not giving up - just hoping that this does get corrected.

Hope everyone gets their issues sorted as many of us have had no issues and the vacuum is working amazingly! Please keep the faith, as my experience with Wyze has been exceptional. The Vacuum and mapping have worked and my wife is in love with the robot :).

Br1896,
Vacuum lost internet connection and returned to base station. Restarted and now the map is all messed up. Appears to be a second copy overplayed and shifted from the original. Firmware is 1.6.97. Anyone else had this issue? Looks like I might have to remap.

haven’t had it loose connection (for a while), but it’s got a mapping issue. Only seems to clean certain areas and completely miss rooms. Map requested an update (not sure why), but the problems been there both before and after the “new” map. At least I haven’t had to reconnect/reconfigure

Two days ago I had problems with the internet dropping the map so I opted for a"Quick mapping". Started cleaning but ran into a problem where I had tried to “Split” a room. When the vacuum came to the split things got crazy. It appears that the split lines result in a total rotation of the map (see photo). That doesn’t seem right. Would think the algorithm should account for the split line and the map to determine which boundary to follow. Also, it is really difficult to get the split lines placed so I’m thinking that the rotation of the map leaves a gap which allows the vacuum to cross the desired split line. I gave up on all this yesterday and finally got the vacuum reset and did a complete remap. It takes awhile, would be nice if you could save the original map and recall it rather than having to run the vacuum to generate a new map. Another nice feature would be to step back to a previous version of the software since there seem to be a lot of bugs in the current version.

Todays run seemed okay for the rooms that I selected.

I have noticed that after fully charging, my robot displays a solid white light, meaning it is charged, connected to the wifi/internet and in Standby mode. Eventually the robot enters Sleep mode and no lights are displayed. The Vacuum Manual says that when the Sleep mode exceeds six hours, the vacuum will shut down.

The problem is that in shut-down mode, the battery charge dissapates. I have turned the vacuum on the next day by pressing the power button. At this point my App displays “vacuum not connected to the internet”. After a few seconds the App shows my last house map and the battery level, which is usually around 7%. So the vacuum has to fully charge AGAIN. The vacuum needs a way to wake itself up periodically to check its battery level and recharge if needed.

I’ve literally never pressed the power button since day one (have had for over a month) and the vac wakes up and works on schedule and/or when I tell it via the app with breaks longer that 12+ hours between runs. So not sure if it actually works as you’re describing.

In my experience, after charging in it’s dock the lights turn solid white then it just sits there with a full battery until its next scheduled clean which is every couple days. It stays connected to wifi the whole time.

My Power button(s) also stay white constantly while on the charger and my vacuum has never entered what you are describing as a “sleep mode”. Sounds like you might have a defective unit unfortunately.

I just had same problem. What worked for me was to power the vacuum off (you need to separate it from the charging base to do that), I also unplugged the charging base as well. Then, I plugged it back in, pushed the vacuum back up against the charging base to establish a connection, then powered it back on. It immediately reconnected to wifi on it’s own.

1 Like

Same thing here. I have a lot of devices connected without any problem. Strong signal; very reliable wifi coverage… the vacuum keeps getting disconnected from internet. I am ok for now as this is the price to pay for ordering new products… we are almost beta testers. Anyway, I am counting on Wyze updating the firmware very soon…

1 Like

This just happened to me. I’ve had my downstairs vacuum running everyday without issue for more than a month, and loving it. No problems - the battery could charge faster, but I like it enough that I bought a second one. I added the second Wyze vacuum yesterday for upstairs and now I have this problem on the downstairs… I really don’t want to have to delete and start over - it dropped off after returning to its base to recharge… bummer… and I have excellent signal in my home too, so I know it’s not that., both vacuums are current on firmware.

Screenshot_20210224-092632|236x500

My vacuum randomly stopped cleaning once it got to the last room yesterday. It was not stuck on anything. I opened the app and it said “clean” or “stop”. I clicked clean and it erased the filled in map showing where it had already cleaned and basically showed that it was going to start over again. Thankfully it just cleaned the room that it stopped randomly in. Once it was done with that room, I manually stopped it to return to the base. It’s annoying because now a complete clean record is gone and I don’t trust it to complete it’s schedule 100% of the time.

This solution immediately resolved my vacs connection problem. Thanks for the tip!