Wyze V2 outdoor cam cannot connect to base unit

I receive the camera and base unit. Followed the steps to configure the base and have the camera connected. All is good, it seem. I powered off the cam from my app and then powered off the base unit. When I powered on the base unit, waited for the solid blue light to come on and once on, I tried to connect the camera to the base unit by press the connect button underneath the cam. I cannot sync the camera to the base unit. Tried multiple attempts, but useless. I tried powering off the base unit and power on again, the whole process and it is useless.

Any advice? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Houm and welcome to the community Forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

Pardon but a little confused here. There is no 2nd version (V2) of the Wyze Outdoor Cam. Please clarify. Are you attempting to connect a V2 cam to the Wyze Outdoor Base station?

The V2 connects to your WiFi directly and is fully independent of the Outdoor Base Station.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for getting back. I bought the starter pack. Outdoor cam with base. So you may be right, I may have incorrectly stated V2 cam.

Wyze Cam Outdoor Starter Bundle (Includes Base Station and one Camera) 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Wire-Free Smart Home Camera with Night Vision

Call support:
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support

I recommend calling rather than chat/email since you’ll get immediate help rather than waiting.

2 Likes

@carverofchoice, thanks!

2 Likes