Wyze Thermostat - Smart home heating & cooling

@mike.s will the Smart Thermostat be able to control whole house humidifiers??

Price is what has kept me out of this market.

1 Like

Nest also has had this option for a year or two at this point with their thermostat.

I use it on a schedule because one part of my house is consistently cooler, year round, than the rest of the house.

1 Like

Hello @mike.s! Do you have any updates for us on the status of the Wyze Smart Thermostat? Is it in Alpha or Beta yet? If not, will WYZE be contacting testing candidates soon? Is there a “tentative” EA release date?

Just checking in on a much anticipated product!
Thank you!

1 Like

I’m very interested here too. Looking at upgrading to 2 Nest thermostats…but would rather wait and try Wyze if it might be soon.

1 Like

@WyzeTeam Please I want to be part of the testing too. Wyze Thermostat is something I’m looking forward to

They usually get the testers from the people who have signed up and filled out the form for hardware testing. I have attached the link to sign up for testing, Software is listed at the top and the form for hardware is lower on the page. Just a not currently Facebook is required to be a hardware tester.

3 Likes

Honestly a basic device that is connected to this ecosystem that can run basic schedules and allows local control on integrated control touchpad would be amazing.

2 Likes

My house has no C Wires. You can buy on Amazon a 24 V transformer specially designed for this situations. My cobee 3 Lite works perfectly with it.

1 Like

I know HVAC thermostats might be more complicated than security cameras, door and motion sensors. But I was thinking about attaching Wyze door sensors to my windows to let me know when these were open or closed. Then I was thinking that it would be cool (literally) if I could link those to a thermostat. This way if the windows -and exterior doors- were opened and stayed open for 8 minutes I could have a rule that would turn the central A/C off.

Of course, I was thinking a few steps ahead and have automated windows that would close when they A/C was turned on.

PS: Are rules kept local on my phone or on the device OR are they kept on Wyze servers?

2 Likes

Your post was merged here as it requests a feature of the new thermostat product that is in development.

For future reference, please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting a new #wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

Rules are stored on the server. That way, if the app ever needs to be reinstalled or you install it on a new phone, the rules (and other features of your account) are preserved. Also, when a trigger occurs, the rule is processed on the server and your phone does not need to be online with the Wyze app open.

1 Like

Hi @mike.s,

Can I request an integration between Wyze and Hubitat Elevation HA system? I already have Open/Close sensors on my doors/windows. And I like the line of thought @wecarealot has. The thing is that I and a lot of power DIY users on that platform have been doing this with Honeywell and Ecobee Thermostats for many years. It would be great if others and I could continue our HA with Wyze thermostat.

1 Like

coolcoolcool
thanks

Wondering where the timeline of this in-development is currently, Have fathers-day around the corner and wondering if I should be waiting on this to be released to alpha or beta and possibly test one of these or just go ahead any buy something like the Ecobee, which even if this does get released at least then I could have something to compare features with having both the alpha of this(if I am lucky) and a 5th stage production marketed device to compare with? Last I saw in the comments was early Q3 EA, has this changed with what is going on in the world?

1 Like

Great question! We are pushing ahead with development, but have had some delays with the whole lockdown. That said we are approaching our initial tests (will begin recruiting very soon!) and still plan to launch this year.

10 Likes

First, dibs on being in on the tests :slight_smile:

Any confirmation on whole house humidifier support? This is the make or break feature for me.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear!!!

good to hear @mike.s! will you be recruiting in this thread, EA or elsewhere? I just need to know where to keep my eyes peeled :slight_smile:

Please look up the Beta Tester sign up thread on Wyze community.

Hi @mike.s,

I am already signed up for Beta Tester. And am looking forward to seeing if I get picked.