Welcome Wyze Thermostat: the simple and affordable way to bring smart heating & cooling to your home - 10/6/20

Wyze Thermostat is here to shake up the smart thermostat world for only $50. This no-nonsense thermostat makes it super easy to control remotely and keep your home comfortable.

You’re gonna love it.

13 Likes

Great job Wyze! :tada::+1: I beta tested this!
I’ll try to answer questions, but @UserCustomerGwen and @Chuan are** Wyze employees and they can give you the official answers!**

4 Likes

Yup, yup! But the thermostat, sadly, isn’t compatible with my apartment so @Brlepage will have some great hands-on experience to discuss that I don’t have. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi - have been excited for this device but am having trouble understanding “accessory support”. The specs say “one accessory support available”; does that mean that if you have only one “accessory” (say a humidifier) attached to your hvac this unit will be capable of controlling it?

Thanks much!

1 Like

This yet another engaging product from WYZE ~
looking forward to getting one

4 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community @TheLogic!
Yes! Each thermostat supports 1 humidifier.

2 Likes

Mine is on order, it didn’t list pre-order, does that mean it will be shipping soon? Sooner than the doorbell?

@UserCustomerGwen what rulled it out for you, baseboard heater?

@steve4335
It does say that it ships December 2020 and that it’s in pre-order.

2 Likes

Thanks, i must have missed that…

Edit: @Brlepage I found what confused me, on my orders page it lists it as “processing” as opposed to “pre-order” for the doorbell…

2 Likes

Great - thanks for the prompt reply!

2 Likes

Will the wyze thermostat be comparable with google home? THE FAQ section said it would work with Alexa but didn’t specifically mentioned google home. Thanks!

2 Likes

Wyze Thermostat…Hmmm I’ll buy and use it spring. Can’t risk it this winter :snowflake: We are expecting temp to hit -65° degree celsius

1 Like

The installation was pretty easy for me. it heats and cools well too. That’s sounds like a crazy winter! :snowflake: :cold_face:

2 Likes

@steve4335, my system is high voltage so that ruled me right out.

@jfinleyuf, we are working on the Google Assistant integration now but aren’t giving an ETA yet. :slight_smile:

@superchi, that’s a heck of a winter! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Do you know if the external temp/humidity/motion sensor accessory works without the thermostat?

The external sensor would work with a Bluetooth connection and your phone but you wouldn’t be able to use it remotely without the thermostat.

3 Likes

Ahh too bad! I also have high voltage baseboard heating so I can’t use the thermostat.

Maybe a WiFi version or Bluetooth to WiFi bridge would be a good idea.

3 Likes

Or perhaps in the future it could link with a google home or echo device through bluetooth :smiley:

3 Likes