Wyze Switches

Go through all of your other rules regardless of their names and make sure you didn’t list the same switches.

Also, for each switch, go into local schedules and make sure nothing is listed (or enabled): Wyze app Home > your switch > Settings (gear icon upper right) > Schedules > disable or delete any schedules listed.

1 Like

Seapup.,Thought had deleted the Group of switches before. loading them but it was still there when I followed your directions,

So, I deleted that group and the individual switches also for good measure.
Then I reloaded the individual switches with the ON, OFF times the way I want them.

We’ll see tonight how it works. Thanks again to everyone for your patience as I work through this.

1 Like

Does your rules history show anything occur at 10pm? Account - rules - history tab at bottom. You should be able to review the last many days.

Attached is my rules list following that would be one of the three switch rules. Far as I know the group switch rules have been deleted.

Now click this:

And go do a day where the switches turned off at 10pm. Are there any line items at 10p? Screen shot?

1 Like

History shows switches off at 10:30 but actually went off at 10pm

Any Alexa any third party apps running routines?

No Alexa or other routines running.

Thought I’d try writing one rule to turn ON a switch with no OFF time noted then write another rule to turn OFF that switch with no ON time noted to see if that works.

When I tried to write the rule to turn OFF that switch with no ON time noted I saw that the ON time was already defaulted into the ON time space. Couldn’t delete it. It was actually the current time. So I guess this doesn’t work. Or am I missing something?

For both rules leave the second time field blank, and set the default one to the on time and for the other rule off time.

Rule 1:
Start time: (WHEN YOU WANT THE LIGHTS TO TURN ON)
Actions:
Turn ON switch 1
Turn ON switch 2

Rule 2:
Start time: (WHEN YOU WANT THE LIGHTS TO TURN OFF)
actions:
Turn OFF switch 1
TURN OFF SWITCH 2

Ok Beans here is what you suggested I think. 3 shots .

1 Like

So close! On the turn off rule, dont set an end time. Guessing you want it off at 10:30, so set the start time to 10:30.

Basically the start time is when the rule runs. So when the turn off actions will run

perfect. Give that a try, let usknow how it goes!

1 Like

Strangeness continues.
Again, I have 3 and only 3 Wyze switches. One of them follows the rules of ON at 10 min before sunset and OFF at 10:30pm. This is working with most of the above suggested configurations by posters.

On the down side of this drama, 2 of the switches continue to disregard the OFF schedule and turn OFF at 10pm no matter what configuration has been suggester including the most recent.

Wondering if I should delete the 2 switches that don’t play nice from the app and reinstall. Following that I could set new rules for them. Comments please…Tom

PS. I have 7 Smart Plugs configured as individuals and GROUPs. Virtually all of them perform as the various Rules suggest.

1 Like