Wyze Switches

I have created a Wyze Switch Group. In it are 3 Switches controlling 3 different Lights that I want to group together. They are set to Turn ON at 10 min before sunset and OFF at 10:30pm. Problem is that all 3 actually turn OFF at 10:00. Haven’t been able to fix this. I am posting the Rule below. Any ideas ?

Can you try removing the End Time and then setting up another rule with the start time set to 10:30 pm and action being turn off the Garage Door, Front Porch, and Garage Foyer bulbs.

It may be a bug with the actual time, so I am trying to eliminate it. I will setup my test bulb the same way and see if it works and report back

2 Likes

Would it possibly help to Delete the Rule above then Add it back with the same parameters ?

It could, but I would first try what spamoni suggested. Most actions automatically run their inverse (on vs off) at the end time, but maybe the switch doesnt. Try creating one rule with a start time and not an end time, tell it to turn on the switches, and a seperate rule for turning off with only a start time.

The Rule as I had it above looked fine to me. However I deleted it then added it back just like the original. I’ll see if it works tonight

I’ll try as spamoni and Beans suggested.

1 Like

I just set up these two new rules. We’ll see how it works overnight tonight. Do they look right to you ?

I must apologize. I struggle mightily trying to get images from my photo library to this forum. That explains the duplication of photos above. I just don’t have the process figured out for that. Sorry

For future reference, if I have a rule that I would like to post on the forum what I have been doing is taking a screenshot then going to my iphotos library and trying to get it over to the forum and post it in a reply that I am doing.
That’s where I have been running into difficulties. Can someone tell me the correct way to accomplish what I’m trying to do !
Maybe showing me screenshots from a photo in your iPhoto album to a fictitious reply to on the forums would help……Thanks

When typing your response, hit the little up arrow button at the bottom right of the reply box

This did not work

It could, but I would first try what spamoni suggested. Most actions automatically run their inverse (on vs off) at the end time, but maybe the switch doesnt. Try creating one rule with a start time and not an end time, tell it to turn on the switches, and a seperate rule for turning off with only a start time.

What’s it doing now?

Oddly enough it’s behaving exactly as it was when I wrote this post as below.

I have created a Wyze Switch Group. In it are 3 Switches controlling 3 different Lights that I want to group together. They are set to Turn ON at 10 min before sunset and OFF at 10:30pm. All 3 turn ON AS scheduled but the problem is that all 3 actually turn OFF at 10:00 rather than 10:30 as scheduled.

I see the “smart switches -on” rule screen shot 4 times in various posts from yesterday. Can you post a screen shot of the smart switches - off rule? Do any of the other scheduled or triggered rules have switch actions on them?

At this point I deleted the group switch rule that did not seem to turn the switches off as scheduled.

So I ungrouped the three switches and set on and off times for each switch. Tonight I’ll see if it works that way. Unless I’ve done something wrong with the group switch it appears that that function is broken.

Because I am new at this and curious I’m wondering if it’s possible that the process is broken that is supposed to allow users to combine “switches” into a group and set common ON and OFF schedules. In my case I have set up a rule to do just that and for some strange reason it works perfectly with the ON times but turns off the switches 1/2 hour before it’s scheduled to. Strange!

I have set up a Group for my wise smart plugs. Within that group there are five smart plugs. I have accomplished exactly what I’m trying to do with the switches in that group of smart plugs. In the case of the group with plugs in it I have not had any issues like I’ve had with the switches.
Any ideas?

Throwing my hands up now.

I moved all of the switches out the Group and deleted the group and switches. Then I loaded up each of the 3 switches indidviually and set a rule for each- ON at 10min bef Sunset and OFF at 10:30pm.
Just lile in the Group they went OFF at 10:00 rather than scheduled 10:30pm. What next ?