Wyze Switch - Add user options for status light control (always on, always off, reverse logic, etc.)

I would love to have an option to keep the Wyze Light Switch status light on all the time, or on between sunset and sunrise, so you can find the switch in the dark.

[Mod Note]: Title modified to enhance search clarity.

It would be awesome to have the option to flip the status light so that it’s on when the switch is off and off when the switch is on. Alternatively, the status light could always be on. That way, in the dark with the lights off, you can see where on the wall the switch is.

7 Likes

Agreed with the status light being reverse to the current settings, or at least always on. I have a lot of TP-Link smart switches that do this and it helps to find the switch at night with the lights off.

8 Likes

I honestly don’t understand the reasoning behind the default status light behavior. Why do I need a status light to let me know when the switch is on? The bulbs already do that for me!

I would much rather have the LED tell me where I need to press when the lights are off and I can’t see a thing.

6 Likes

Wanting to enable the white LED to have option to be turned on when switch is off so it can be located when on the wall.

7 Likes

And under the “other setting options” I’d add the option of disabling the light while trying to reconnect to the Internet.

It’s the second time this week that my ISP drops (Verizon) during the night… the whole family is going nuts now because all the switches I installed started blinking fast and waking everybody up, and they won’t stop blinking until the connection is restored.

5 Likes

Allow the little LED light to stay on when the Light Switch is turned off

You know what would be nice, the option to have the LED light on the Light Switch to stay on, or be a different color when the switch is turned off.

I find myself struggling to “feel” for the switch in a dark room. If it stayed lit, I could find it easier.

I’m sure this is a feature that can be updated or, perhaps, add the ability to change color in Version 2.0

3 Likes

They shouldn’t even need votes to do this in a firmware upgrade. It would literally be one word of code. Should be done just as a matter of course.

2 Likes

Why not add it as a simple feature with on/off switch or call it night light mode. That way the user can choose to enable it or not

2 Likes

I agree.

Please up the options similar to that the Meross options has.

In the Meross app, you can select to have the LED light on when the controlled light is on (Power Indicator Mode) or to have the LED light off when the controlled light is on (Night Light Mode).

1 Like

Wyze Switch LED goes psycho when it loses the internet

I have the switch programmed to have the LED light off because it’s used in our bedroom. We had a scheduled internet outage overnight and so I woke to seizure causing LED flashing - really bright light cycling several times a second. Suggest to allow this feature to be turned off after registering the device and make it part of reset sequence to re-enable it (if needed for troubleshooting).

Background: I’m having trouble convincing my spouse to automate based on issues like this. With traditional equipment, they don’t spasm every time the internet is lost, so I can see her point. I can think of some scenarios where this behaviour isn’t good: rural areas see a lot more internet outages. Sometimes new city subdivisions are considered rural so it’s not always “traditional rural” that most people think of. Another issue I can think of off the top of my head; what if it’s in the baby’s room? This would drive new parents bonkers…sleep deprived already.

3 Likes

Wall switch night light

It can be hard to find the wall switch in a dark room at night. It is flat and tends to blend in with the wall. BTW, I do like the design. A simple firmware update could turn on the LED so that it can be more easily seen. Many existing manual switches have this feature.

1 Like

I’d like a simple “restart device” option like there is with the cameras ~ then when the internet goes out the worst I’d have to do is restart the switch. Even better if it just did this by itself - I’ve had a switch in this spot for years and when I lost internet in the past it just rejoins the network when it comes back online -

1 Like

Wyze Switch - Add user options for status light control

Allow the little LED light to stay on when the Light Switch is turned off

Please update the options similar to that the Meross options has.

In the Meross app, you can select to have the LED light on when the controlled light is on (Power Indicator Mode) or to have the LED light off when the controlled light is on (Night Light Mode).

1 Like

Yes, please. I prefer to have the status light on when the switch is off.

2 Likes

Wyze switch should have an option for a timer set for desire time auto off anytime switch is left on. I ended up replacing all my 3 wyze switches due to the lack of this function. All other smart switches companies have this option.

Welcome to the community @elvacano69. I am a Community Volunteer supporting these forums.

Wyze calls this option Rules in the Switch area. You can add a Rule based on Time. Basically you set the trigger for a certain time and the action will be Turn off the switch or multiple switches.

-OR-

You can set up a Trigger Rule, if you want to make it more like a timer. You can set the Trigger to be when the switch has been on for X time, then set the action to turn the switch off.

I would like to have the switch behave like all wall switches that have an internal light: the internal light should be ON when the light is OFF and vice-versa. Can wyze include this as a possible setting?

Thank you.

1 Like

Still waiting. How hard would it be to code this ?

I have 10 Wyze switches and ready to swap them out.

My Kasa and Meross had this feature enable out the box

Adding another bump, we’ve got a house full of both Kasa for 3 way and Wyze for single pole (so you can tell which switch is which by feel) , about 20 switches total.

All of our Kasa have the night light feature by default for easy location in the dark. For our switch panels that are only Wyze, like in a bathroom, you need to flail around a little bit more in the dark. Our analog switches before had a nightlight too. These feel like if Apple announced their next iPhone material was going to be solid granite.

New technology yes, but some obvious features were overlooked that impact UX

2 Likes