Option To Disable Status Light On WCO (Wyze Cam Outdoor)

All other cams allow you to disable the status light, but the WCO does not. This would be nice if it was added. Thanks!

Heh, don’t forget to Vote for your Wish… :slight_smile:

I voted so there should be 2 votes with yours

2 Likes

Pfffftttt @IEatBeans… Rookie. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:grin:

Even though I’ve seen you tell other members to remember to vote for their own submission

3 Likes

I had to wait for approval :smiley:

3 Likes

I know, but what a great opportunity to mess with ya.:innocent:

3 Likes

I hate the status light on anything. I will always vote to disable status light for any and every product. It’s useful during something’s setup, but I really dislike any device flashing and drawing attention any other time…I guess I’d be okay with it flashing if it is disconnected and there is a problem, but it’s really annoying to have a status light going off when everything is functioning as intended. That’s what I want to disable. Only flash at me when there is a significant problem…that’s the toggle we should have as an option. Flashing when it is in standby or recording or working properly are all terrible to me. :slight_smile:

Also, totally here for joining in the teasing of IEatBeans for getting reminded to vote for his own wishlist! :smiley:

3 Likes

:sob: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

I was about to put this on the wish list. I hate the blinking light and disable it on all of my wall powered items. I guess on the battery powered it is nice to indicate if it is powered on but like u/carverofchoice mentioned that only have it enabled if there is an issue, such as lack of connection to the base station.