Wyze sprinkler issues

I have the same issue. I am on my second controller. Same issues. Mine started working out of the blue for three days while we were out of town. When we returned the failures started again. Will not run scheduled events and runs a Quick Run for less than a second. Unplug and replug lets me run Quick Run until the next scheduled event failure. I wonder if it matters how many WiFi devices are on your hub? My son has the same controller from over a year ago with current firmware and his runs fine.

Supposedly there is the offline mode which you can check. I could misunderstand it but I assumed it meant that if you lost internet it would default to it. Not sure what that ultimately means though. And obviously since I have tried with and without it checked with no difference, not sure it matters.
I made my bi-tri weekly call to support. Once again they put me on hold while they conferred with engineers and told me the same story. They are aware of the problem and will have a fix for it shortly. They also assured me that I would get an email from them within a week.
I replied that if I didnā€™t hear from them (after fighting this since last October) I will be moving on to another system. Found one which has good reviews and no real criticism of WIFI connectivity. Iā€™d like to stay with Wyze but we are rapidly approaching the season where missing even one dayā€™s watering has significant consequences let alone several days while out of town.

Iā€™m late getting back to this thread but wanted to share an update. I have been out of town traveling the last couple of weeks but before I left I put the controller on a wyze plug that turns off for an hour each night. System seems to have worked flawlessly with the plug turning the power off for an hour each night. I know it is not ideal but at least it is working.

Had my controller for about 2 months but just got it all wired up this past weekend and I have been struck with this bug as well. I contacted support and got the usual, reboot, power cycle, reset, etc. At first I thought it was that I connected the valves after setting the controller up so I completely reset the device and deleted from the app and went through all the setup again. And as others have said that does not fix the issue. A reboot did for a time but no longer seems to work. I am supposed to be laying sod in about 2 weeks and this thing needs to work so I dont kill my investment in the first week. I will try the Wyze plug idea as I have a couple laying around not being used. If that does not do the trick I will almost be forced to go buy something else, like a Rachio 3. I really like the controller and features, and of course the price, but if it does not do what it is actually supposed to do none of that matters.

Assume most have seen the new firmware. After waiting for the email I was promised I would get, I was ready to pull the trigger on a Rachio3. But then somewhat unceremoniously I got notice in the app that firmware update 1.07 was available. It specifically stated it addressed the problem of the sprinklers coming on for a few seconds and then shutting off. I applied the update and its been around a week with no problems. I am cautiously optimistic. Cautious because it has worked in the past for a few weeks and then reverted to the problem. But hopefully they got it and I give them credit for getting it released.
Bob

Based upon your post I went looking for the 1.0.7 firmware and ran into this fyi:

Note: This firmware is halted because it appears to have not fixed the watering issue. We are continuing to investigate this problem.

I was hoping but no joy yet.

I could have gone all day without needing to hear that!!! :woozy_face: Guess Iā€™ll keep my finger ready to order the Rachio3.
Great communications. Was told in no uncertain words Iā€™d get an email from the engineers on all this within a week. Now almost two weeks and if it werenā€™t for you Iā€™d be sitting here thinking all was well. Iā€™ve got business trip next week. So now need to figure out what and who Iā€™m going to work with if it stops while Iā€™m gone. Not a happy camper.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Iā€™m still doing ok with the Wyze plug killing the power to the controller for an hour each night though.

I appreciate your letting me know. At least someone is communicating. Mine is still running but frustrating that because of lack of confidence I feel that I have to physically check every day to make sure it did run. Glad the plug trick is working for you. Mine is outdoor in the case. No room for the indoor Wyze plug. I think if I have to go that route Iā€™ll switch to another system before I order an outdoor plug. Hope both, actually all, keep on running!

I get TOā€™d sometimes too. But then a big reason I started buying Wyze is how economical it is. I think they might be trying to expand too fast, or biting off more than they can chew at once. Iā€™m determined to be patient for awhile but if they donā€™t make this right I guess I will have to migrate to another system with better reliability. Too bad I like their products.

Finally got this as it just became available in Canada. I made my own before wyze came out with this one and was working on developing an app for it as a hobby. When I saw it was available in the States, I stopped developing and waited to purchase it. Initially, the sprinklers wouldnā€™t shut off after the timer ran out. Then I updated the firmware to 1.04 which fixed the problem and everything worked great for 2 days. Now I have the exact same problem as everyone else, in quick mode, on for 2 seconds and shuts off, while the scheduler does absolutely nothing at all. Canā€™t believe my homemade system works better than Wyzeā€™s product. Waste of money.

For what it is worth, mine is till functioning properly with wyze plug turning it off for an hour every night.

Mine is still working with the 1.07 build. Worry if they push out another fix it will break again.

Bob

I do have a spare plug kicking aroundā€¦ Will give it a go.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, they shut down push on that one before I could get it, Iā€™m hoping the next one will end this saga.

Signed up for the beta testing (v 1.08) and it has been working for me the last few days, scheduling and quick.

I installed a Wyze sprinkler controller about a month ago. Aside from an initial pairing issue during setup (location MUST BE ON on Samsung Note 10+ to pair, Thanks Forum!) it has been working fine. However while troubleshooting the pairing issue I read about the FW bug which caused some units to start and quickly stop watering. I still have FW 1.0.4 and so far have not seen any issues so have not changed FW (based on the 1.0.7 debacle). My question for the forum is - for those who have updated to FW 1.0.8, is it stable? Have you seen any issue with it?

I was one of the folks who had the problem consistently. FW 1.07 actually did fix it for me so I was actually worried that FW1.08 would be a problem. But I can say that since upgrading to 1.07 and 1.08 once it was available it has worked flawlessly. And that includes basic Wyze app updates as well which had been a problem in the past.
Hopefully I havenā€™t jinxed things for myself. We are now getting into the high heat (110 deg) season here. Canā€™t afford to have flakey sprinkler! Fingers crossed but think all is good now.

Thought I would update. 1.0.8 is a major improvement for me, only one bug, sometimes when I instruct it to do a quick watering I have to do it twice, sometimes the first instruction doesnā€™t get recognized.

Anybody else having the problem where it randomly starts watering? Nothing in the app, nothing in the history but on the device the zone is flashing so itā€™s actively watering. Had to hit the stop button on the device to stop it and once again, no history. It watered for 20 minutes and ignores the soak cycle setting. I saw in the Amazon reviews somebody said theirā€™s watered for 18 hours without them starting so figured others might have some solution to this