Wyze Sense sensors will not connect to bridge

I contacted Tech support via email on the app about my issue. I couldn’t have asked for a quicker response. Within minutes, I had an email response from a tech. The issue was resolved and a replacement sensor was on its way with tracking # within minutes. I’ve read horror stories about Wyze tech support on here, but definitely not my experience,

I’m completely satisfied with Wyze products, and with Wyze as a company.

1 Like

I have found that if you go to “www.wyze.com” click “support” and then the “Chat” button in lower right corner, you get help VERY QUICKLY!

2 Likes

Same problem… So after all this time somebody know how to fix it??

1 Like

Same issue as above where the second contact sensor would not connect. I got the second contact sensor to connect by unplugging the camera for 30 seconds and plugging the camera backing in, then waiting for it to reboot and the bridge to reboot to a blue light. Then I was able to connect the second contact sensor.

1 Like

I have the same issue. The bridge has a normal solid blue light. When trying to connect, the blue light flashes. The sensor pretty much sitting on top of the camera. When I press the reset on the sensor it blinks three times. Even after all that, the camera says it timeout. Tried with 4 different sensors and none connected.

3 Likes

Have you had any success? I just received mine yesterday and none of them are working…

I had no success. I got in touch with Wyze and they said that they could give me a replacement if I were located in the US. However I am living in Brazil right now. I ended up sending it back to the distributor from whom I bought it. Maybe I can try getting another kit sometime in the future.
My guess is that the problem might be with the bridge since I had the kit and a separate motion sensor I received some time ago and none of the sensors would pair.

1 Like

That makes sense. Bummer that it could not be replaced in Brazil. I spoke with support and they are sending a replacement. I hope that one works. It’s discouraging because I have never had any trouble with my wyze products before.

Let us know if the replacement works fine when you receive it

I’m having this issue no matter which cam I try using.
I’d like to purchase a few more contact sensors but if I can’t even get the ones I have working…

1 Like

Will do! Fingers crossed!

I’m having the same issue and live in Canada so I don’t believe a replacement is available for me either

I thought this was just me too. I have a bathroom drawer sensor that had a low battery and replaced it and it doesn’t change status anymore, just says “Open” all the time and shows a red light on the icon for the contact sensor in the Wyze app and also still shows a low battery signal. My Kitchen Freezer sensor’s battery was fine but wouldn’t show any new status updates in the app, so first I changed the battery, then deleted it from the app, and tried to add it again and won’t add no matter what. Even moved the camera closer. Then also my motion sensor does the same thing. Stuff just stopped working and I can’t do anything to fix them.

2 Likes

Having the same issue. First the status got stuck. Then I changed the battery. That didn’t work so I tried deleting it and adding back. Now I can’t get it added, times out on me each time.

2 Likes

I just received Wyze Sense. The bridge seems to pair correctly, but times out whenever I try to connect the motion sensor or one of the contact sensors. I’ve followed all the troubleshooting instructions, even tried setting up the bridge on a different Wyze cam

3 Likes

I’ve got the same problem. just submitted ticket to get their help [Wyze Ticket 609162]

What worked for m was reverting my firmware back. You can find it in this thread.

Have the same problem. The pairing just times out.

I don’t have the “have problem” option, I think you have the beta app. In any case, my firmware version is 4.9.5.111 and it doesn’t work

I did get a reply from WYZE support about this.

• They asked me to make sure I am running the latest version of the app. I am running latest android app v2.10.80, all the devices FW is up to date.
  • Remove battery from sensors for at least 2 minutes
  • Remove sensor from app (I don’t have any added since it always times out when trying to add)

Still times out and won’t connect.
So I will see what they say to try next.
My hardware
Android Pixel 3a app V2.10.80
Pan Cam FW 4.10.5.111
V2 Cam FW 4.9.5.111 (bridge plugged in here, but have tried on both cams)
2 Plugs FW 1.2.0.72
Bridge FW 0.0.0.33

I just got the Sense starter kit and an extra 4 contact kit trying to get all of this working.

SRCranford