Wyze Robot Vacuum - The upcoming Multi-floor Mapping update is even better!

Dear Wyze Robot Vacuum users,

We are excited to tell you that the Multi-floor Mapping is coming soon!

Since the first beta release of Multi-floor Mapping, our engineering team has been working on improving and polishing this new feature because we want to make sure to provide you with a great user experience.

Let’s take a quick look at how to add multiple maps in the Wyze app!

Please let us know if you have any thoughts about this new feature and experience!

Warmly,

The Wyze Robot Vacuum team

25 Likes

I’m hoping the vacuum would go back to where it started if there is no charging station on that floor right?

5 Likes

Though I am in beta, and have it installed and available, and have 4 floors, I have not tested this feature out yet.

Here are my thoughts on things I would hope Multifloor mapping includes or will eventually include:

1. Be able to recognize on its own which floor it has been placed on (based on the saved maps) and pull that one up and use it (rather than requiring me each time to pull up the app and manually select which floor I want it to run for). This will make it convenient for everyone in my family to use.
  2. If someone carries the vacuum to a location and the vacuum does not recognize the location on any of the stored floor maps, then it should not just delete the map that it currently has loaded in order to replace it with a map of what it’s currently doing (this is what it usually does/did when there was only a single floor available, and found itself in a new location).
  3. if it is on a floor that does not have the charger, then when it is done it should always return to wherever it started.

Again, I am mostly ignorant of this feature as I have not had time to test it yet, other than seeing it had a field where I could select which floor map I wanted it to use, and my first thought was that it would be annoying if I had to use the app to switch this everytime and now my family can’t move it to different floors easily either. So I am hoping that has been accounted for to make it automatic and more useful (sorry if I am just ignorant of the capabilities, as I said, I haven’t personally tested it on mine yet).

10 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

This feature has not been released to the beta yet. I like your thoughts!

7 Likes

@WyzeHongfei how soon do you think this will be released to beta?

1 Like

In few weeks :wink:

4 Likes

I can’t wait. We have 4 levels in our townhome.

I never received the earlier beta version even after being part of the beta app/group. I am still on 113. Does the beta version only get rolled out to selected individuals in the beta group?
I really need the multi-floor mapping function.

Will multi-floor mapping include floorplans with sunken rooms? We have a sunken living room and I’ve been able to make it work but it would be great if during a quick-mapping the vacuum could recognize the edges along a sunken room and at some point pause to be moved into the sunken room to map it. Then when cleaning that sunken room it would be helpful to have it pause near an edge to be moved down into the room and return to the same vicinity to be moved to the main level and continue on back to the base. That’s basically what I do manually. I start a clean of the living room and pause it when it gets to the edge, then move it down into the room and resume cleaning. But I have to monitor it so when it’s finished I can press the power button to turn it off and carry it back to the base.

We have a two story home. We would like to have the option of two maps for the vacuum. We are thinking about returning the vacuum as others we looked at have this option. Thanks :slight_smile:

Dude, you live in a Hotel??? 4 floors… Maybe a castle?

Townhome. Lol

If I upgrade to the beta to try the multi floor mapping does it erase my existing first floor map?

I have the beta and I don’t see any multi floor mapping. It either hasn’t been released or has been released to only certain people.

It’s been a few weeks and I don’t see it available yet. I have the beta app and the vacuum set up for beta as well. Still on 113.

@WyzeHongfei Any update on when we’ll get this?

2 Likes

I think multi-floor feature could support your case. You can make the vacuum mapping your sunken room and then choose sunken room map to start a new cleaning.

1 Like

I’m SO excited for this. We also have 4 floors in our house (split-level between the kitchen/dining room and the family room, plus an upstairs and basement) and I’m not a fan of having to reset the map every time I move the vacuum to another floor.

How do I sign up for the beta?