Wyze Robot Vacuum Battery Replacement

Ive learned, early on, anything that Wyze sells with a battery…do not buy. These robot vacuums were my last go rou d. 3 vacs, and 2 are on the shelf waiting for batteries to arrive. As they die, im replqcing them with a different company WITH batteries and supplies in stock. I had the first sensors amd onve the battery died, the product died. New battery or not, dead…no wyze support.

I would like to let everyone know the AliExpress part number circulated in this thread:

This worked for me and arrived the fastest. I ordered it on Feb 20, it arrived on March 3. (11 days) to transit from China to Syracuse, NY with the standard shipping offer. Quite impressive. I placed a duplicate order in parallel from another seller on e-Bay for the same part, also shipping from China and it was a few dollars more, but it has not arrived yet. (22 days and counting). The promised delivery dates for both were mid-March to the end of April. But AliExpress seems to have their shipping process down and appears to be delivering product much quicker than promised.

The part that did arrive went in very easily just as shown by TomG on the thread, and it’s working great, I have 9 consecutive nights of good vacuum sessions (52-56 min, 500 square feet on high suction) under my belt and it’s been working great with a new battery.

One cautionary tale, after putting the battery in, it detected about a 48% residual charge and fully charged (so it thought) on the charger once I replaced it. However, it died overnight during its first run about 20 feet away from the charger stand, with no trace of the event in the app. I was concerned, as this was similar to what it was doing before I replaced the battery. But what I think had happened was the battery shipped to me was likely much lower than 48% and the vacuum just had a wrong detection of the battery capacity on initial installation, and needed a full battery discharge/recharge cycle to figure it out. After this happened once, and it fully charged from 0-100%, things have been working great… I just wanted to let people know that they might expect this behavior and to not freak out if it happens the first 1 or 2 times after replacing the battery.

It’s a shame that Wyze can’t buy a bunch of these and have them for sale, quick support for its customers at a reasonable price/delivery time. Such a simple fix… Instead their support claims there’s nothing you can do and you should buy a new unit. I’m not sure why they have to make this so difficult. This experience certainly has given me pause for considering any future products they make with high price points. If you can’t support and stock basic consumable parts, it undermines Wyze’s credibility for creating any product with a non-disposable price-point.

4 Likes

Very glad this finally became a topic to vote on. I recently needed to replace mine and ended up sourcing a replacement from AliExpress. The replacement works fine for the most part, but my vacuum will die in the middle of a cleaning session now if it’s too long of a job, or if I have it set to high suction and the job takes 45 minutes, or more. My guess is that either the charging circuit needs to be reset somehow to work properly with the new battery, or the replacement battery is junk.

I love my vac. But it has a “not quite ready for prime time” aura about it. This runs through most of the comments above.

You may remember when replacement brushes were out of stock for months? The instructions that came with mine (a couple of months ago) were really minimal. Sort of needed to figure it out yourself (e.g spot cleaning nowhere to be found). Details about adding a room a not found. (I don’t think you can. Do you really need to remap the whole kibosh?) And now no hint that they thought about battery life. Replacements not available & no mention about how to replace even if you had one.

I’ve found this problem across their line. Clever stuff but a bit more attention to the customer please.

1 Like

I’ve had my two robot vacs (one for each level of my home) for less than 2 years and the batteries are now unable to handle more than about 50 percent of the floor coverage without having to go back to the charger station for a recharge. There are quite a few tutorials about replacing batteries on YouTube, but none for the Wyze model. Unfortunately, there are no screw holes like the other brands have, so I’m hesitant to start prying off what may be the battery cover. And no tutorial here—perhaps Wyze expects us to just pitch the vac and buy a new one every couple years…

1 Like

There is a tutorial on how to make the super easy swap here: Battery replacement tutorial

If you flip the unit over and remove the main brush, you will see (4) small phillips head screws that hold the battery compartment on. Remove those, remove the cover, unplug the battery, and installation is the reverse of removal.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m glad I didn’t just start prying away on the cover. I’ll get a couple ordered and hopefully be back to full charge once again.

Neil

1 Like

Robot wants me to replace brushes and filters, but I want a new battery since it now needs to recharge twice to complete the task that used to run on a single charge. So I reached out to Wyze support. No dice:

As of now, we do not have any battery replacement for the robot vacuum. But no worries you can try purchasing an extra battery for your robot vacuum from our authorized sellers. Currently, our authorized sellers are Target com (shipped and sold by Target ), Chewy com (shipped and sold by Chewy ), Amazon com (shipped and sold by Amazon com, does not extend to international Amazon marketplaces ), MicroCenter, PetSmart , Home Depot , Walmart, Best Buy, Costco, and select Amazon Books locations in the U.S.

I hope this helps!

No worries…. Hope this helps…. Not really. All I found is that I can order a random Lithium Ion battery from some obscure manufacturers in China that may work and hope they don’t burst into flames in the middle of the night.

I think I will instead decommission the vacuum when the battery gets too weak to be useful and get a product that actually has product support from the “manufacturer”.

1 Like

What mAh battery did you purchase? My vacuum says it has a 3000mAh battery. The Ali site has 2800, 3200mAh batteries and up. I assume the greater the mAh the bigger the battery dimensions - just want to make sure I get one that fits.

Here is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTYY7RQN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details which is a 6000 mAh. It did not appear to make much difference, though. It still needs to recharge partway through each vacuum cycle.

1 Like

Thank you. I placed my order and should get it on Wednesday.

My robot vacuum can’t complete a room at the moment, so anything will be better than having to go looking for it when it dies.

1 Like

Please let us know how the new battery goes. Thanks!

1 Like

It worked really well. perfect and came in only 2 weeks, not 2 months as advertised

1 Like

Sorry you had this issue. I too need a new battery. So in my search of course Wyze doesn’t have a battery replacement for the vacuum only their stick vacuum. I did find some help on this forum site for a link for a new battery for 19+ dollars but with shipping it came to $32.
Keeping my fingers crossed! I do love my Wyze vacuum but I can’t believe that this company is soooo slow in their support with replacement products!! I got this vacuum when it first came out and had to search for filters!! Also had to search recently for a new dust bin! All replacement parts should be easy to find on their website!! I think that should be pretty simple!!

The original battery in my robot vac still provides about an hour of run time at full suction. I have a spare battery from AliExpress to swap out when the original battery fails. But I remember reading that the AliExpress battery doesn’t have the capacity compared to the original battery and returns to recharge sooner.
Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. My battery is dying and would have liked Wyze to offer a replacement battery instead of expecting us to buy a NEW vacuum. How about Wyze being more responsible and not adding to more electronic waste and just sell a new battery so we can continue to use our Wyze vacuum. Come on Wyze, you can do better.

Agreed! Was pleased to see they are stocking dust bins. I was worried that the fine mesh screen would be easy to damage.

But a battery is a sure thing.

Can someone please share how to open the Wyze robot vacuum and replace the battery. I unscrewed all the 7 screws in the base but still it doesn’t open up.

Welcome to the forums!

Here you go.

It’s way easier than that. Put the seven screws back in. Right next to the area where the beater bar is you will find 3 three or four little tiny screws. I think you have to open the beater bar door to see them. Then the battery slides out you unplug the battery, plug in the new battery replacement the battery, put the cover back on put the three screws back on and replace the beater bar and cover…you are done

1 Like