Wyze plug two pack on clearance home Depot $5.50

Heads up, the two pack smart plugs are on clearance at home Depot for $5.50. Fantastic deal. I grabbed four boxes. My store still had plenty left

3 Likes

Will definitely have to investigate! What version?

Might be a local clearance. Looks like my region still has them at the regular price.

Not sure what version. I didn’t know there were different ones

You have to look at the back of the plug itself… And it is confusing.

v2022 - newer plugs will say 2022 right on the back. The original 2022 plugs did not, they only had the Black Key CFH symbol on the back. With only the symbol, only the Firmware version will identify it as a 2022.

v2021 - Only the Black Key CFH logo. Firmware version confirms 2021 vs early 2022.

v Pre-2021 (original) - No Black Key Logo. These are not CFH (Certified For Humans) and they act that way.

Clearance usually means (not limited to Wyze) clearing stock to make room for newer version.

It’s almost the end of Home Depot’s fiscal quarter (they’re a month off from most).

1 Like

I got 4 of these from Home Depot a couple of weeks ago when someone else first reported that both the Outdoor Plugs and the Indoor Plug 2-packs were selling at $5 each.

Mine were Wyze Plug (2021 Version) which is confirmed by the firmware.
Slightly disappointing that it wasn’t the 2022 version with the cool overheating notification they added, but it’s hard to complain about $2.50 for a great smart plug.

I also got a couple of Outdoor plugs for just $5, which is a steal of a deal.

3 Likes

That is most likely a 2021 plug although there is a slim chance that it is a first run 2022 before they started marking them with the dates. Comparing the Firmware version when it installs and updates against the online list will confirm it.

3 Likes

Lol. Went back and bought 4 more boxes. Currently using multiple different branded smart life/ tuya plugs, but I’ve had a couple go bad recently. Now I can switch them over to Wyze

3 Likes

I mean, at a price of $2.50 per smart plug, what do you have to lose, ya know?

Just out of curiosity, were yours covered in dust as though they’d been near a demolition zone?
I heard others say that’s how theirs were, and mine were like that.
But what do I care about a little dust? I am throwing away the box anyway, but even if I wanted to keep it, I can just blow it clean.

3 Likes

Good choice! I am popping into my Home Depot when I am out tomorrow. On the sidelines today with a bum knee. If they have them I am buying every single one.

2 Likes

Yes, the boxes were pretty dirty. Someone fronted up the display since yesterday when I bought the 1st four, so they pulled all the ones from the very back up to the front. All were pretty dirty

3 Likes

That is so weird! I wonder why every single store would have them all so dirty like that. I mean, one store could’ve been a random thing, but almost every store? That’s just weird.

2 Likes

Went back and bought the last 4 boxes. What am I going to do with 24 smart plugs :laughing:?

1 Like

Honestly, I would have loved to have picked up 24 at that price! My Depot didn’t have any… clearance or otherwise.

I have 16 Wyze Plugs in play right now. Most of them don’t have anything plugged into them. I use Alexa a lot for voice commands around the house. Everything is automated one way or another (52 Alexa Routines, 84 Wyze Rules, 138 Macros).

There are a truck load of Wyze Devices Rule Actions that aren’t available as Routine actions within Alexa or Google Home. For example, you can’t turn a Cam’s or Group of Cam’s Push Notifications off or on with Alexa. So I have Alexa turn on or off the Wyze Plug and Wyze Rules take care of all the Actions I wish Alexa could do. I use them as “Smart Button Relays” between Alexa and Wyze.

3 Likes

I’ve said before, I have a Dot or Echo in every room. Most are 4th gen and I use the ultrasonic feature to detect movement (people). But often a 4th gen Dot stops detecting. No matter, I put WiFi smart plugs on each of them and restart them daily between 03:00 and 04:00, so I don’t have a ultrasonic issue now. I also have a couple of sets of steps, will LED strips running from top to bottom. And I have a couple of V1 Wyze motion sensors, at the top and bottom, tripping a WiFi smart plug to turn the LED strips on/off. Handy. Plus WiFi smart switches turning TVs on and off in each room. WiFi smart plugs are the handiest IoT devices since chocolate cupcakes.

1 Like

I had no idea the newer dots could do that. I’m still using 2nd gen dots

Yes, the 4th gen and the 5th gen. I like the 4th gen better, because it still has the 3.5mm plug in case if needed.
You can adjust range and sensitivity of the ultrasonic feature. I can walk into a room, and it triggers as if its a motion sensor. Using it in a routine, I can detect or “not” detect so it can turn on a set of actions or turn them off too. I never buy them unless they are on sale. And if you watch, you can catch them on sale.
AND use the trade-in option to shave 20% off the cost when you trade-in an older one Generally a 2nd or 3rd gen is worth only $5 in trade-in, but it also earns you 20% off “any other Alexa” device, not just a dot… I think my cost on most of my dots were $22-23 and $28 with clock, catching the sale just right. Black Friday next month.

1 Like

I should have included this in my last post, but I have so much stuff, I don’t remember how wide I have deployed Dots. I have two in my garage. One is near the garage door itself, and the trigger word is not the normal word. I can walk up from the outside closed door and use my voice to open the garage door. I also have one in the garage attic and house attic. I don’t always take my cell phone up there when I am. If I do something stupid, like fall partly through the ceiling, I can use the Dot to call for help. Its insurance. Also, I can ask it what time it is, if I want to know. Play a little jazz too if I need the distraction.
Finally, I have a smart lock on my front door. And I am very lazy. I have a square porch light with spare space. I added a 5v adapter on a WiFi smart plug, and mounted a 2nd Gen Dot inside with velcro. Now, I can/do, walk up give the command and PIN and unlock/lock the front door when my hands are full. So many handy things to do with an old Dot.

1 Like