Wyze Garage Door Controller - Support for additional Wyze cam models

Wyze Garage Door Controller support for Wyze Cam v3 Pro

Any plans to make the Wyze garage door controller work withWyze Cam v3 PRO

Thanks

[Mod Edit]: Title and tags modified to be more inclusive and to enhance search clarity.

[Mod Note]: There is an additional difficulty involving making the pan cameras work with the garage door controller. That is, the pan camera must return to the home position with extreme accuracy to read the bar code. At this time, the pan cameras do not have this level of accuracy.*

Will the Garage Door Controller ever support the V3 Pro cameras?

Has anyone tried using a Cam V3 Pro with a Garage Door Controller? Can they work together?

They will not work currently. There is no Accessory options for the V3Pro and therefore you cannot connect the garage door opener to it.

1 Like

It seems like an easy fix. Am I not getting something here? If the V3 cameras can do it… just make the V3 Pro be able to do everything the V3 can do… and add stuff to that list.

Just like McDonald’s offering a Large Fries … which has EVERYTHING a Medium Fries has … and they just add more fries to it.

It would be pretty silly to sell a Large Fries which adds 50 Fries to the Medium… but then have the Large take away 60 fries from the Medium. That’s called a downgrade, not an upgrade.

I hear what you are saying. As a Community Volunteer, and not an Employee, 8 cannot influence Wyze one way or the other. Hence we have these wishlist items which Wyze can look at and see determine which features or items could be viable for inclusion in the Wyze environment.

Wyze Garage Door Controller - Support for Wyze Cam OG

Given that many old Wyze customers have plenty of the OG cameras. Are there plans to support these with the Garage door controller?

[Mod Note]: Your topic and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

Use garage controller with Wyze Cam Pan v3

Any thoughts on making the garage door controller compatible with the Wyze Cam Pan v3? Would be nice to pan around within the garage but still have control of the garage door.

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

And would there not be the issue of it always always returning to its view of the door?

Why not just add one more camera to the garage? A V3 pan?

Plus, there’s the benefit of “now” vice waiting for product testing and release.

1 Like

OG Garage Integration

I know the instructions say to put the Wyze Garage Camera on the Garage Door Opener, but I prefer my camera in the corner to see the 2 person doors and the rolling door. For this reason, the Wyze Garage Cam is not able to see the QR Code I put on the Garage Door.

I’d like to suggest the Wyze OG Telephoto be added, to scan the garage QR Code. :-

Thanks, I look forward to all the comments! :slight_smile:

[Mod Note]: Your topic and associated replies were merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

Create a 2x enlarged version of the QR code.

I connected my V3 camera to a remote instead of the Garage Door Opener, then made a larger QR code so I could put my cameras farther back.

Personally, it’s kind of pointless to use the Telephoto Cam because even though it would be set back farther, it would still only have as much Field of view (or less) than having a V3 up close. The whole reason to want a camera at the back of the garage is so that it can see the whole garage at the same time and using a Telephoto lense makes that pointless.

I’d prefer Wyze made the V3Pro compatible since it has 2K, then it could see farther with the higher resolution to see recognize the QR code and still cover the whole garage from the back wall.

Good idea, thanks!

Agreed, good point. I saw the telephoto stacked and thought it could have been an add on.

Unfortunately it doesn’t “work” with V3 Pro Camera’s. But It should work with every camera Wyze Sales, And that is many people’s opinion including my own.

So what are you saying

“That “apples” can be Red or Green or even Yellow. But the most eaten apple is typically the Red apple.”

Understand now? :rofl:…