Wyze firmware updates - Released 11/6/2023

We’re releasing a bunch of firmware with security improvements today!

Wyze Cam v2: 4.9.9.2847
Wyze Cam Pan v1: 4.10.9.2847
Wyze Cam Outdoor v1: 4.17.4.427
Wyze Cam Outdoor v2: 4.48.4.427
Wyze Cam Outdoor Base Station: 4.16.4.512

Read our Release Notes:

5 Likes

Since my four WCO version 1 cams had their 3rd birthday on Saturday I think I will wait for a while. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I updated three Pan V1 cameras to the new firmware successfully.
I updated six V2 cameras to the new firmware successfully.
I did notice about half way into the the update a message flashed up that said:
“Network is not stable, please switch to 360p mode”.
It auto-cleared, and did not stop the update, which seemed to finish normally.

I have NOT had time to test much, but the old V1 door sensors and motion detectors tied to the old sense bridges seem to still work with the rules I set up (which was a relief).

I assume Wyze still has to issue an emergency security firmware update to the Video Doorbell Pro too (I did my two VDBV1 devices the other day). Maybe it is unaffected because it ties to the chime first?

1 Like

How do you disable auto update in the iOS app? I don’t want the firmware installed on my cameras.

1 Like

Open each camera from the app. Settings > Device info > Firmware and turn it off. I don’t know a way to do them all at once.

1 Like

I do not think the “Automatic Update” option is available on the V2 or Pan V1 cameras. I turned it off on all my V3 and V3 Pro cameras last week. I like doing mine one at a time. I always do them in a certain order too (least important to most vital)!

1 Like

@WildBill did not say what cameras he was using but it is available on the battery powered WCO Version 1 and probably WCO v2 cams and yes I have it turned off along with the V3 cams and the V3 Pro.

1 Like

Updated multiple Cam v2, WCO v1, WCO v2 and WCO Base Stations from Device Info > Firmware Version and Account > Firmware Update and all are running well. No CPv1 cams here.

Updated one PanV1 to new FW via Device Info>Firmware UI. Quick install, successful reboot. Online.

1 Like

Not an option on the V3 in iOS:

1 Like

What App Version?

Also not on V2. App is2.47.0(2).

1 Like

Odd. That was supposed to have been rolled out in 2.46

Count yourself lucky that you haven’t had to toggle thru dozens of cams to turn them all off. They need an App level “All Devices Auto Update Off” button in the Account > Firmware page.

1 Like

More concerned that I can’t turn it off.

Need to update your archaic v3 firmware and probably your app too. Cam v3 from iOS app version 2.46.0 (6), also present via current iOS app 2.46.1 (4):

1 Like

If it ist there as an option… It shouldn’t be on.

Since you got the screen for the manual update to click to update, it doesn’t look like the auto update is on, otherwise it would have already been updated… automatically.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying NOT to do. I want that firmware to stay in place v

Unfortunately, we don’t know which initial v3 firmware version included the auto-update switch. :pensive:

Cam v2 has not yet been updated for this feature.

1 Like

I’m also running the latest beta app. See my earlier post.

:grin:

1 Like