Wyze Doorbell V2 unstable connection

Hey, thanks for reaching out! I didn’t expect to hear directly from someone at Wyze, especially not a founder!

I have not personally experienced the issue with my Video Doorbell v2’s connection, and I do have it set for continuous recording to microSD. For what it’s worth, I also still have my Doorbell on the 4.51.1.8444 firmware version from January because of the reported issues with notifications in later firmware versions, but I don’t know if that’s germane to this issue.

I still suspect that @effreyj’s issue may be related to power, but that’s really just a guess, because he’s provided no further update since his original post. :man_shrugging:

Got it, we are just suspecting some potential causes. Need to investigate deeper.

Yeah, I mentioned that because, although I don’t expect an update that delivers enhancements to cause other problems, I’m aware that sometimes these things do have unintended consequences, and I wanted to be clear about my experience.

Thank you for taking the time to chime in with an update!

I do have the MicroSD card set to continuous recording; however, I cannot see who is at my front door when the doorbell is rung. Thank you.

• I used to have the disconnecting problem with the Doorbell V2. It went away with maybe the 4.51.1.8444 (January 24, 2024) or 4.51.1.9341 (April 8, 2024) update. The disconnecting problem returned with the 4.51.1.9807 (May 13, 2024) update.

• I have more devices in my home requesting WiFi than I have addresses. This is why I suspect that my WiFi sheds the doorbell. As soon as I cycle power with the doorbell, it will immediately reconnect to the WiFi.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

I just wish I would get consistent notifications on door bell presses.