Wyze cam v3 sends double notifitcations

whenever a motion trigger notification is sent to my phone i get the initial notification and sound then a few seconds later plays the notification sound again. this just started happening recently.

1 Like

Did you recently update your App? What version?

Hey @peepeep! You are not alone!

1 Like

Peep so long as you care about issues like these you will remain on earth supplied with RF gadgetry and means sufficient to fulfill your mission. Should you grow listless you will join Me in The Cloud having done your level best.

FAQ

Frogs loom large in the pure soul hierarchy (markedly above sparrows.) Their reward will be commensurate. :sun_behind_large_cloud:

1 Like

I have also done all the resets and installed a fresh version of wyze from the app store.
Version 2.44.1.337.
Firmware is all current on the V3 cams as well.

1 Like

I see same issue on iPhone. App version 2.44.1.1

2 Likes

Vamp until ready. :slight_smile:

Same has been happening for me. I guess wyze is looking into it. Ive done all the basics to try and correct this but nothing working.

1 Like

I’m receiving triple notifications. Digging around, I noticed this: :thinking:

2 Likes

That certainly could be it. I only have two but I disabled the old one when the Wyze App came out with the new App Notification Tones option.

2 Likes

I have a Wyzecam V2 and it’s doing the same double notification tones too. I reverted to a old 2.39 app (which was before the selectable notification sounds), and it still get double, sometimes triple, notification sounds for the same event! From my settings, I only have one WyzeMessage notification toggle. I honestly think it’s a server thing that’s causing this annoying bug.

1 Like

My Journey

I set the Wyze app Notification Sound setting to System Default. Uninstalled/reinstalled the app. At that point the screen is blank, ie, has no WyzeMessage listing.

After the first notification occurs, there is a single WyzeMessage listing. If left as is, the System Default tone will sound when a notification occurs.

If you enter the Advanced options of the WyzeMessage listing, you can change the tone to another of your choosing.

Either way, double-play is occurring.

Back in the Wyze app, if you change the Notification Sound setting to Sound 1, and a notification then occurs, you will have another WyzeMessage listing on the OS App Info page. If you repeat the same with Sound 2 and Sound 3, you will have four WyzeMessage listings total.

I found dicking around with those multiple listings to get ANY tone to sound SINGLY was futile. Though I gave up exasperated after a while thinking ‘just another thing,’ so maybe YMMV and a super persistence could win the day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The unfortunate thing is that notifications are more complicated than users can deal with. Its unlikely any setting can fully solve it except fully disabling notifications for the app or waiting for an update of the app or server side if its push notifications at fault.

Should add that the toggle settings for notifications are merely a toggles and can be a toggle anywhere in there that the developer puts it which means that various stuff could still happen anyway with it disabled.

1 Like

All my V3s have been doing it for a year at least.

It seems to be one when the event is still showing the live label on the video timeline and the second when the complete video has come back to the phone.

I’ve got used to it!

1 Like

I dug deeply once and found Google’s admission that an Android toggle for a particular setting was just a ‘suggestion’ of what the user would prefer and might not have any effect whatsoever.

Related:

1 Like

Hey! :wink:

One man’s flaw is another’s feature…

I’m receiving a single Notification per Event since early evening yesterday. Let’s see if it holds up. :slight_smile:

Still getting double notifications.

1 Like

Odd thing today… I got a double notification for “Complete Motion” on my V3Pro today. I have always had “all other motion” notifications off. Then, when I checked my notification settings for the V3Pro, all of them were on… ALL OF THEM.

1 Like

Huh. With Cam Plus Lite, notifying only on detected Persons, the screen looks like this:

As a Cam Plus subscriber wanting only Person notifications, your screen looks the same?

No. I don’t use Dark Mode. :rofl:

This is what it normally looks like with Cam Plus under my standard settings that I have had on the cam since installing.

But, out of the blue, I got a “Complete Motion” double notification for a single event which struck me as odd since I NEVER get motion notifications. When I checked the cam settings, it was like this. Very odd.

1 Like