Wyze cam v3 pro waterproofing

I’m wondering if anyone had problems with wyze cam v3 pro getting water in it.
I bought 2 of them one is under a overhang the other has no cover. Of course we didn’t have our first hard rain till after the warranty period was over but it got rain water in it and doesn’t work anymore and its supposed to be water proof. But my regular V3 cams have been through at least 2 hurricanes (way hard rain and winds) and never had water damaged. Why is this?

The 3 Pro has only been out since November. How can it be out of warranty?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @coreyhaynes504! :raising_hand_man:

Water intrusion on the V3Pro has been reported in the past from other users. However it is a very limited occurance. Some have speculated that the plug well improperly sealing on the back of the cam is the culprit. Other users have suggested a dab of silicone around the plug well and plug housing after it is plugged in for added weatherproofing.

Regardless, the cam is under warranty for 1 year from purchase:

Wyze warrants to the original owner of the product that the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date you purchased your product from Wyze or an authorized retailer (the “General Product Warranty Period”).

If you contact Customer Support and specifically request a Warranty Replacement for Water Intrusion, you should get one shipped to you quickly.

As stated above…PSA: if you’re going to use the V3Pro outdoors, then make sure to use the Outdoor Power Adapter V2 which is designed to seal it best. If you use a third party cord, it might leak and ruin your camera and void the warranty.

Not really. Water resistant may be more accurate. It has an IP65 enclosure, and you have to go to IP68 to be waterproof:

• IP65 Enclosure - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against water projected from a nozzle.
  • IP66 Enclosure - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.
  • IP 67 Enclosures - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against immersion. for 30 minutes at depths 150mm - 1000mm
  • IP 68 Enclosures - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.
3 Likes

I can’t talk about the V3 Pro, but with the recent rains here in Southern California, I had four Wyze camera’s fail. They included two new Wyze Cam OGs, one Wyze v3, and one Wyze Cam Outdoor.
Water got into the SD Card slot and damaged the SD Card. With one of the OG cams, it literally popped the SD card out of the slot.
I was able to dry out one of the GO Cams and it is now working. The other OG Cam and the v3 power up but cannot connect. The Outdoor Cam won’t even power up. No lights at all when I try to charge the battery.
My recommendations would be to avoid mounting any Wyze cam upside down, even if it is covered. “Skins” that more fully cover the camera would probably also help protect the units. The Outdoor Cam was right-side up elevated by its base, which was sitting on the ground. Apparently enough water and dirt managed to bounce up to the underside of the camera and eventually destroy it.
So, out of my 6 outdoor cameras, the rain took out 4.

Absolutely.

Same here, having issues with the V3 pro and water. It was installed in front my garage no cover in that area.
I brought it inside and it was not working but some lights were turning on and sometimes the spotlight would also come on. After a few days it worked again, i figured it was drying out.

I was wondering if it was the plug or the “W” symbol in the back allowing water intrusion. Now i’m wondering if i should return it or give it another chance. My V3 (non Pro version) installed in backyard didn’t have any issues.

I didn’t use the Power Adapter V2, just the cable that came with the camera. I think that should be also under the IP65 rating advertised.