Wyze Cam v3 Pro: The 2K smart camera you've been waiting for

Thanks. I am upgrading from the Wyze cam v3 cam and I am buying the new 2k camera.
Other companies have a spotlight always on for their color at night. I am glad I can turn it off as the camera will be inside looking out and the light would reflect off the glass.

2 Likes

Agreed. That application would be very bad for both a motion activated spotlight and also IR Night Vision Emitters.

Both are settings that can be disabled.

Based on the new features and capabilities, this camera is significantly different to the V3. I wonder why it isn’t labeled a “V4”?

3 Likes

I hate to be blunt, but why are you people asking questions that none of us users can answer? These type of questions should be directed straight to Wyze.

First of all, Wyze employees often read these posts and may respond to them. Secondly, other forum members may have an answer they read somewhere else or may want to give their opinion. Sorry my question gave you such distress!

3 Likes

I think it is more similar to the V3 than it is dissimilar. It’s just a bigger, better, stronger version. The Colonel Steve Austin of the V3.

In reality, the only added hardware feature is the spotlight. All the other features are just improvements on the old ones:

• Better Resolution
  • Better CPU
  • Better Speaker\Mic
  • Better Antennas
  • Better AI w\ local processing

Smart Focus and the New Events and Playback UI (with AI Tag reference points) are Firmware and App based upgrades and not hardware based.

Maybe the coveted V4 badge is being reserved for the next Industry Disrupter they are working on!

5 Likes

Um those are all major hardware changes. It’s a brand new, entirely different model. The only thing it really has in common with the V3 is that… It’s a camera.

1 Like

Major hardware upgrades. Not new hardware features. The spotlight is the only new hardware feature the V3 doesn’t have. Everything else is just bigger, better, faster than the equivalent component on the V3.

Puting a new crate motor, turbos, transmission, exhaust, rear end, power disk brakes, rims and tires on your 1969 GTO doesn’t make it a 2009 G8. It’s still a 1969 GTO, just a modernized upgraded one.

Yes, it is a major upgrade to the majority of the V3’s original components, but they are just that… upgrades to what is essentially the same chassis.

3 Likes

Well we have V3 Pro, Turbo, Turbo Boost, Ultra. and Ultimate to go (based on upgrades to my car).

I’d like to see V4 be the Matter certified device.

I still would like to see a 4K outdoor PTZ.

2 Likes

I’d like this V3Pro be a Matter-certified device.
I’m HOPING the V3 might possibly be able to do it too…but I can’t see any reason this V3Pro wouldn’t be able to.

The reason it isn’t Matter certified right now is because there’s really no definition yet for cameras in the Matter guidelines. NOBODY has a Matter-certified camera yet because no such thing exists. Cameras aren’t included in the Matter 1.0 definitions. They just barely started forming a working group for the camera definitions and Wyze is planning to participate in that. I would be utterly shocked if this V3Pro didn’t have the minimum requirements for whatever libraries/definitions they decide on (though it wouldn’t be shocking if Wyze just developed a new V4 specifically for Matter rather than reprogram everything, I would think this V3Pro would have specs to qualify it at least). I think this will be their Matter cam (I have no inside information on this, I just think it’s logical). And depending on how things go, I have hopes MAYBE the V3 original could qualify depending on what they work out…but it is much more limited, so I also won’t be shocked if it can’t.

4 Likes

I am waiting on the 8k version… Still waiting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I respectfully and vehemently disagree! To use exactly your car analogy, it’s brand new in every respect - the new Beetles and Microbuses/ID.Buzzes aren’t the same cars. The fact that the V3 Pro may share the same dimensions of the V3’s plastic case means nothing. That’s the only “chassis” remaining - everything inside is new! By your terms, the V2 isn’t a different camera from the V1, which isn’t a different camera from the previous 600 webcams produced. After all, only the insides changed. I don’t get your position here…

:+1: That being your position, I would suggest you quickly buy as many as you can before they sell out! :grin:

Aside from Wyze staff that often chime in on questions, there are also sometimes beta testers that can answer certain questions once a product is released.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you loud and clear. However as stated on Wyze’s website, this product is not shipping until November 4, so no Beta testers. And to be clear, I was referring to questions that should go into “wish list”, common sense prevails here. Do you see the questions that are being asked!? I wish we all had the crystal ball…

I believe raym64 is referring to closed-beta testers who tested the product before launch.

2 Likes

I thought he was referring to the above post. My apologies for being so dense :smile:

1 Like

Still a 5 minute cool down without a subscription?! Even though the person detection processing is done on the camera itself! Nope, staying with Eufy unless this gets removed. I can set a cool down period on my eufy cams or have none. I have mine set to 2 minutes, 5 minutes is too long.

1 Like

This is general question and not specific to v3 Pro. Does the 5 minute cooldown applies to SD recordings as well when on CamPlus Lite?

No, the SD card can record either continuously or record every event anytime there is motion, without any cooldown. (this part of the answer applies to the wired cameras including the V3Pro)

The 5 minute cooldown only applies to notifications (and for other cams that do qualify for Cam Plus, to cloud recordings…again, V3Pro isn’t able to use Cam Plus lite though).

4 Likes