Wyze Cam v3 & Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 3/23/2023

I checked all my V3 and it no longer skips that minute either. Yay! :tada:

4 Likes

Did the beta update. V3 Camera now will not connect to any network even after doing all the trouble suggestions. Working on reflashing to non beta firmware.

2 Likes

One of my V3’s fails to connect to network after the update. I reverted to release firmware, and it setup fine. I then let it update again, and it didn’t connect, so I reset it, and again it said “Unable to connect to local network”. I will revert it to release firmware again, and hope a fix is released.

I have one other V3 that might have the same issue, but I have to try the above with it. 5 other V3’s updated ok.

I have a number of V3’s using the latest Beta FW without issues.

A couple things to try:

• Restart the router after you do the FW upgrade and then try
  • Do a Factory Reset on the V3 and then do the FW update. I had problems in the past and ended up doing this and it seemed to correct the issue.

Here is how to Factory Reset: How to reset your Wyze Cam v3 – Wyze

1 Like

I am having this same issue. Log sent in 985038.

1 Like

I don’t understand something here.
New firmware release a few days ago 4.36.xxx.
Thought I might want to upgrade so I looked at my v3 info and my firmware is listed at 4.61,xxx.

I believe 4.61.xx.xx is RTSP v3 firmware.

Yay! On my second problem V3, that had the exact same issue, after I had it back on release firmware, I did what you said: Reboot router, and reset the camera (I had to hold the button for about 15 seconds), and then I tried updating it again, and it worked! I’ll have to go back to the other problem V3 later and try the same reset. I have 5 that updated fine.

1 Like

This is exactly what both of my cams are doing.

I have (10) cam v3. When I tried to upgrade the firmware from 4.36.10.4054 to 4.36.11.4073 seven of the cams upgraded successfully but three failed and now those 3 will not come online. I have tried rebooting them, re-adding them and nothing works. Says not able to connect to network. Also tried rebooting my router. I am at a loss as what to do. I now have 3 cameras that are virtually useless as they will not connect to my network. I have been a beta tester for over 2 years with no problems. Anyone else have this problem nd what can I do to fix the issue.

I had that problem too. In this post there are instructions to fix it. Review the post - basically you put the 4.36.10.4054 bin file on the sd card. Power camera up with the setup button depressed - the camera light will glow purple and the firmware will reload off of sd card

1 Like

I just tried that and it works. Thanks for your help.

Still experiencing Cam Plus Event playback stuttering on all v3’s with this latest Beta. They’re standalone cams with no accessory attached and not connected as an accessory/secondary to other devices (floodlight).

No more able to watch my cam on my Echo Show 10 and on my Alexa app

Log : 992912

P.S. Do a downgrade an now again able to watch my cam on my Echo Show 10

I have seen this behavior too but it must be something with the cloud, I noticed that if I download the clip it plays just fine. Are you seeing that as well?

Yeah, the downloaded clip plays back perfectly fine with no stutter. The clip also has no stutter when played from the cloud through tinyCam Pro. So, this is strictly happening within the WYZE app. It’s been like this for months on the v3’s specifically.

I had been able to fix it one time although since discovering downloaded clips don’t stutter, I’m still trying to figure out the cause. I am going to bring this up to some friends I have in Seattle and see if we can’t find a root cause for it. Premier assured I am going to bring this to the attention of the appropriate people.

1 Like

As with @Dellio and @VIPguard I confirm that this V3 Beta firmware causes issues streaming to Alexa Show devices. I even tried removing the Alexa Skill and re-enabling it, but this did not fix it. I can still stream V3 Pro cams, so Alexa is working okay, it’s just this firmware broke something with the WebRTC stream. I say this because I also can’t stream these V3 cams to Google/Nest Hub Displays either.

I think the Google/Alexa streaming breakage should be fixed before this firmware goes to production/public or there will be a lot of upset users when it stops working for them.

1 Like

I am sorry, this is a known issue we are looking into with this firmware.

4 Likes

Samething for you website of live stream

1 Like