Wyze Cam v3 & Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 12/13/2022

Thanks @SlabSlayer. I’m a beta tester. I have a Cam Pan V2 that has red ring of death. I was hoping to flash this version manually to try and fix. Previous versions flashed manually don’t seem to fix it. Seems such a waste. If you know how to fix please let us know. :slight_smile:
Cheers

Yea, that is the issue. I know they are working on this as it is only happening on iOS and not all individuals are experiencing it. Seems it may have to do with the amoiunt of Data being processed and iOS.

I will pass this on as well.

1 Like

Well… amount of data being processed and iOS is an agreeable issue then, haha, because very FEW of the captures (even though they successfully upload and recorded to SD) show a proper thumbnail.

1 Like

Yea, you should see mine. When I filter for the V3Pro’s only, it is mostly the camera icon, sometimes there will be an image. But this may be related. I am working with them on:

• Missing Thumbnails
  • Missing Image in notifications
  • Live Stream not always streaming in iOS

Wyze has said that they are aware of the issue and are working on getting it corrected. Trust me, they are working on it. This is wht the Logs are important.

I don’t know what that is. Can you elaborate? Might be something that is in another topic since this is the Beta reporting thread.

Cam V3 4.36.10.3406 - SD Playback skips first minute of the hour during playback.

Bug persists in this Beta

1 Like

Sorry, will follow up in this topic. Wyze cam V3 stuck on solid red light - #53 by JeffB

I did a bulk update today. All camera’s work beside the camera that is connected to my garage controller. I tried to flash to previous version and that is not working either. Thoughts?

The V3 failed and went offline 3 times. Each time it needed to be disconnected from power to reboot. Left it for about an hour and it had finally updated.

Pan cam V2 with a code 90,after beta update. any fix?

Have 2 V3’s.
Bulk update failed twice.
Then powered down the cameras & after power back on bulk update was a success.

1 Like

Updated two V3 to 4.36.10.3406 without issues, but there is No improvement in Jerky SD card playback.

Beta issues with SD card recording looks like visible video tearing and sometimes like the invisible man is walking around. Have reformatted all the SD cards and restarted the cams but didn’t fix the issue. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue. SD cards are set to continuous recording.

Yes, same issue.
What’s strange is if you record the jerky broken up SD card playback the recording looks better.

I’m in the beta program and have selected V3s for testing. However, I just installed two new black V3s and they aren’t recognizing the beta firmware as available for installation. I’ve rebooted the cameras and de-selected and re-selected them in the beta configuration to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Remove beta testing for V3s and your cam will update to 4.36.9.139 right after. You will have to wait for the next update to be fixed(4.36.10.3406). I bought 2 v3s 2 weeks ago and that’s what I did. After the update, add v3s again in beta testing.

Already did that to get them updated to 139. Just wondered why they won’t update to the latest beta.

The 3406, clips are not as smooth as the .139. There are a few lost frames. This is the only small problem I have on my 2 V3s which are up to date. Some have reported others.

My biggest problems are with my Pansv1 and cam v2. Some events do not upload so they cannot be tagged correctly. I have to restart these cams every day to free up memory. I was told that with the latest firmwares (security), the processor was too loaded. Since the summer, they have been trying to solve this problem. I tested several beta firmware that they sent directly to my cams (OTA) but the problem is still there. With the latest(1574), when I reboot them, sometimes I need to reset 2-3 cams to make them connected correctly.

My 2 new V3s are to replace my 2 back V2s because of this issue.

They have a lot of work to do…

So far as I know, there is no current Beta for the V3.

4.36.10.3406 was released publicly, but only OTA to those previously updated to the public release versions 4.36.10.xxxx

It is only available for download\flash for those on 4.36.9.139

Hey @spamoni - did you ever get any further traction on this? So far, 9/10 times, I’m getting blank thumbs only, making it hard to decipher whether I need to pay any attention to the recording (if it’s an actual security concern or just “some random motion”. I end up having to replay a lot of the captures just to make sure nothing foul is happening. 2K streaming seems pretty spotty too, even when cameras are mounted in the same spot as my previous v3 positions and while I recognize 2K takes more bandwidth, the fact I have seamless coverage from EXTERIOR wireless access points with ample upload/download capacity, it doesn’t feel this is just a matter of a ‘network issue’.