Wyze Cam v3 Firmware Release Candidate Test 10/5/2022

Whenever I had issue with Person detection there is a string of things I do, especially after updating the app and firmware. Here is what I do (you can test this with one of the cameas):

• Live stream the camera
  • Go to Settings (Gear in the Top Right)
  • Go to Notifications and toggle all notifications off. Make sure you toggle the master switch off last and then go back to the live stream to make sure it has been committed.
  • Go back to the Settings and select Event Recordings and toggle off all Event Recordings and ending with the main Record Motion Toggle.
  • back out to the live stream and the main home page
  • go to the account menu, select App Settings, and then clear cache
  • Back out and to the main account menu, scroll to the bottom and log out of the app
  • ANDROID long press on the app, choose app settings, then Force Stop. tap in Storage and Cache and clear cache here as well.
  • Restart your phone or tablet
  • Log back into the app and then live stream the camera you just turned the settings off.
  • Go to settings and turn back on Event Recording and all options you had selected before
  • Back out and go to Notifications and turn on all notifications you had before
  • Back out to the live stream page and then to the home page.
  • Shut the app down and see if you get person notifications.

NOTE: Make sure you know your password and 2FA for the app as it will be needed to log back in again.

4 Likes