Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.0.248 Released - 2/1/21

Latest firmware seems to be working on all my V3’s. I can “View playback” from memory card (all mine are 32GB) and I can take a photo and record video and they all show up automatically in Google Photos under “Snapshot” and “manual” (videos).

That said there are still some bugs as the cameras do not always load and will sit on "Connecting camera by secure channel (1/3) , and will just stay stuck on that until close the app and open it back up again. Also when I click on “View Playback” the time bar on V2’s and Pan cameras turns green almost right away, on the V3’s it does not change to green until I start moving the time around.

Today I am going to be replacing the last of the Pans and V2’s with V3’s so all 6 of my cameras will be V3’s and I will be able to test them more with the latest app version.

Running app version 2.17.7
Android verions 11
V3 cams on 4.36.0.248

Oh and can someone tell me what happened to “Event Recording” “Schedule”? On the V2’s and Pan cams I can set up a Schedule to that it only records events between 11pm and 6am… on the new V3’s under “Event Recording” settings this is no longer there?

My thoughts exactly! Tried that and said no card installed. Its not really an issue unless the user is away from home and accidentally ‘ejects’ the uSD.
BTW: Was in my kitchen removing the uSD from my cam for a test. My finger nail slipped off the edge of the card and jumped up about 2’ and into my cup of coffee. Still works! :joy: :coffee:

1 Like

Is this GA or beta? I am still not seeing this for my V3 cams.

I have this same issue. I thought it was just me. I had one v3 that I had been leaving plugged in for testing (not actually using because still no RTSP) and it got the .248 upgrade. I plugged a different v3 in this morning and it’s at .228 and says “up to date”. Manually checking the individual cam says “Everything is good! Your camera is up-to-date.” too. Very reassuring.

RE: Firmware rollback from ver .248 for the V3
Note: Firmware file removed due to critical bugs. We are working on resolving them and will send out new versions when they’re ready. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

3 of my cameras are on .248 and 3 are on .228?

there’s a good disclaimer for endurance cards!..coffee submergibility lol

just to make people what on earth lead to that claim.

Actually no. According to the text it was his or her fingernail that jumped into the java:

1 Like

fail enough…but have you ever heard of a fingernail stopping working after being submerged? :wink: leading to my conclusion

1 Like

Really depends what you’re doing with it.

1 Like

@dr.know I think the world is in need of an answer here :rofl: :joy:

Pardon my poor syntax. The finger followed the card’s trajectory into the cup of coffee. The nail was instrumental in the rescue of the submerged card.
Thankfully, I can report the finger, its nail and the uSD card have all had a full recovery and are back to work at their respective tasks. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

but which is doing what?!?!?!?!? :poop:

2 Likes

This could help explain that whole Three Seashells thing from Demolition Man?

Sorry.

2 Likes

holy WAH! flashback to the 90’s!!! hahahahah

1 Like

Sorry, that information is classified. There will be no further questions at this time. Thank you :open_mouth:

2 Likes

somebody’s running for a political office! I see through your smoke and mirrors lol

2 Likes

“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant” -Alan Greenspan

2 Likes

Received my 3rd and 4th wyze-cam-v3 a couple of days ago. My 1st and 2nd which has been running for weeks had already updated to the firmware 4-36-0-248. When I installed my 3rd and 4th v3 cam they updated to 4-36-0-228 and display current version as 4-36-0-228. They will not update to 4-36-0-248. Any suggestions?

Wyze pulled the plug on .248.

1 Like