Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.0.248 Released - 2/1/21

Event clips are working fine, live recording works fine. Only when I got to View Playback, select Play, Record, Record box fills in and record timer starts at the top, Push Record again and then the pop up “Saved Succesfully”. The clip can be found in the camera Album and Android gallery, just no actual video. Just the black video box with the Play icon dead center. No actual data either.

All my V2’s and pans work fine. I can still record in Playback, store and view as usual.

1 Like

Look at the filesize of a video that won’t play. If it’s not zero, can you try to play the video with an app other than your default? Or move the video to a PC and play it with VLC?

I’ve been recording 5 second videos for testing purposes. When you go to the saved clip in Album or Gallery, they all have on the timer length as 00;00/00;01.
Nothing, black video box with the Start icon in the center.

1 Like

Not good. Do you have another phone/tab that you can use to test to see if you get the same results?

Also… are all of your v3 cams doing the same thing?

Nope, no other phone to test with it.

All 3) V3’s were purchased from Wyze store at the same time, same order.
I have updated to the latest firmware and all 3 and rebooted phone and cameras.

Recording clips in Playback worked fine on all 3) until sometime after 1/16/21. Clips could be found in camera Album and Samsung Gallery. All viewable, worked perfectly.

Something has changed with Wyze firmware or Samsung’s?

But, my V2’s and Pans are working fine. I can record clips in Playback mode, save, view send, no problems.

I’m running the same firmware on my v3s. Tried recording from SD playback on Samsung J3, J7, S9+, S10+, S20 and some Samsung tablets… all worked fine. The only other thing I can think of is the actual SD card(s). This latest firmware changed something related to the SD. It’s a pain, but can you try to swapping the SD card from a v2 that you know works?

I have 128gb SD cards in my V2’s.
I tried them in the V3’s when I got them, no go at the time. So I have 32gb’s in them now.

Wyze has glitched the record in Playback feature in their firmware I believe.

I’m running 64GB, 128GB and 256GB in my v2 and v3 cams. The .248 firmware you are running in your v3 cams now allows exFAT format, same as your v2 cams.

1 Like

Yeah I read that on another post somewhere a few days back. Haven’t tried anything over 32gb yet since they were working fine.

I tried re-formatting the SD card through the camera’s Advanced Settings, Manage MicroSd Card and then trying to Record on Playback again, same thing.

Go ahead and stick an exFAT formatted 128GB card in your v3 and give it a shot. Or swap with a known good v2 card. If neither works, you may need replacement cams. Seems odd that all 3 of your v3 cams have the same issue though.

Do you have a link to that post? I missed it and search on exFAT didn’t find it,

There are two other threads, one dating back to last December, concerning this issue. It is not new.

I have 6 V3s, and none of them have ever successfully saved a recording from playback. The app says it did, but the resulting video file is always 0 bytes in length.

Edit: I have only Android devices, so cannot comment if this works with iOS devices. My v2 and Pans can record from playback with no problem; it is only the V3s that cannot.

2 Likes

It made our cameras worse. It’s doing all the things that it used to do wrong. Identifies cars as people now also.

Same problem.

I saw a popup yesterday about .248 which I ignored as I needed my camera to complete its time-lapse, but this morning when I checked its stuck on .228 and says “Up to date”. Did I miss an upgrade window or something ?

Live stream is laggy and freezes
While viewing playback in landscape mode if i want to switch back to normal playback view it goes to live stream it should stay in playback
Firmware 228

I don’t see how firmware affects the screen orientation? If this is really what’s happening, the app’s design is really broken.

On my S10, prior to this latest update, and ever since I’ve had my V2’s and V3’s, it was always glitchy in landscape view while in Playback.
Whenever I went into landscape while in Playback, it would always freeze. I’d have to go back and forth between portrait view and landscape view a few times before it would “unfreeze” in landscape while in Playback.

The problem being after ejecting, the uSD couldn’t be remounted or format from the App.
Even after removing and insertng a new card, the cam had to power cycle in order to mount a volume.

@dr.know Ive had a couple ( just last night ) that said they were formatting successfully…but the numbers werent changing…still saying 15.2 of 32gb free or something…i couldnt get it to read right after a “successful” format…I found that restarting the camera fixed that. maybe doing a restart from the app would solve that as well? these issues have to be something in the firmware.