Wyze Cam v3, Cam Pan v2 & Plug Outdoor Beta Test 8/15/2022

We still have no update that has sorted out the sound to be heard when logging into any camera (V3) live. Play back is fine but no sound on live view

You are running Beta Firmware.

Entering into the Beta Firmware Testing program and downloading Beta Firmware that has not yet been approved for Public Release comes with inherent risks. Bugs are to be expected. It is the purpose of the Beta Firmware Testing Program to identify those bugs and report back in this thread so that bugs can be identified and fixed.

This bug has been identified and Wyze has stated that it will be fixed in the next Beta Firmware build. As of 6 days ago, per the post above, they were still Alpha Testing the next FW Beta build which has a multitude of fixes to be tested. When that build is ready to be Beta Tested, they will push it out.

If you do not want to wait for the next Beta FW Build, you can manually flash your cam back to the most recent Public Release Firmware.

2 Likes

@SlabSlayer is alpha available in-house or selected closed groups only? With all the issues I’ve been having with one of my cameras (even going back to stable), I’d be tempted to test my fate against an alpha haha.

I have no idea. I’m not “in house”. I’m just another user riding the Wyze train.

I just inferred that was the case from Baohua’s last post on the issue:

Since Alpha is before Beta, and Wyze handles that “in house”, I only assumed that is where it was. Perhaps I applied the wrong label and should have said “In House” instead.

2 Likes

I have noticed that one of my cameras records fine and streams like it should, while the other records slower and herky jerky. I think the difference is that I ended up having to hard reset the camera that’s working and am not certain that I did in the one that isn’t. I am talking holding the setup button in until the camera clicks and the light goes solid.

I may have to try and reset the other one when I get home.

Unrelated issues with Wyze home monitoring that caused the alarm to go off after it was disarmed. For another thread.

The last update for V3 cameras, 4.36.10.2526 is greatly received that brings back audio on the live cameras, when just viewing, Thank you

3 Likes

Where can I download the v3 beta firmware?

Once you are signed up you can go into the Wyze App (Account>about>beta program) and select which devices you want to allow to receive beta firmware. After that you can install beta firmware from the device settings.

5 Likes

Hi,

You have to be a beta member, then it will be available through the app the same as normal updates, already performed.

If you are not on beta, follow instructions here

Kind Regards

G Thomas

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.