Wyze Cam v3 Beta, 2.33 App RC test 7/14/2022

2.33 App Release Candidate:

Versions:

• Android: 2.33.0.b159
  • iOS: 2.33.0(14)

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the firmware version from updating in Device Info for Wyze Plug and Wyze Plug Outdoor
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Cam Plus Pro from switching modes according to Rules (iOS)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Permit Number and Dispatch Instructions to disappear in Home Monitoring System Settings (iOS)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the blue progress bar to disappear in Playback (iOS)
  • Bug fixes

Wyze Cam v3 Beta

Version: 4.36.10.2163

What’s New:

• Security improvements
  • Bug fixes
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

4.36.10.2163 has been halted due to an offline issue after update.

6 Likes

Updated app and installed the v3 fw on 7 cameras. 1 from camera itself and 6 from the firmware update page

No issues experienced at all

1 Like

Updated app on Android 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 devices. Updated v3 firmware on 13 cams (9 via bulk update, 4 via cam settings). All went well.

2 Likes

I still have 5 more v3’s to update. :slight_smile:

Was out of the house on Cell when I updated the other ones and cell coverage was weak, Home now on WiFi and will do the others later

1 Like

I also have other v3 cams… but they’re either running other test firmware or the current production firmware. The 13 cams I updated today each have differences… connection type, connected accessory, service, etc.

1 Like

Sounds familiar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can’t possibly catch bugs for every combo and scenario with limited time and resources, but we try! :+1:

2 Likes

Updated V3’s. Now, when viewing an event recording and I tap Playback, I get a message that “Playback is not accessible for shared user”. I’m not a shared user.

I just did a quick check… I have no issues viewing SD card playback from Events for v2 and v3 cams with Cam Plus and Cam Plus Lite under Android app 2.33.0 (b159).

Are you viewing the initial Event from the Events tab or a notification?
Are you testing under iOS or Android?
Did you update the app or just the v3 cams?

Please submit a log with your issue and post Log ID.

2 Likes

From the events tab on iOS. Updated app and camera firmware.

Just checked both iOS and Android, and performed the following steps:

• Start the App and go to the events screen.
  • Select an Event for a camera which has an SD Card in it
  • Play the event. While playing the event tap on the Play Back SD Card icon

Android, jumps to the SD Card at the point where the event was. However, iOS does not it actually puts up a message as stated by @kboggs1 . This is not a shared Camera and I am the owner.

Here is an image of what the iOS Wyze App shows (Again, Android works without issues) :

Blue Arrow points to what I tapped on while event was playing.

iOS Log submitted: 646083
iOS App Version: 2.33.0(14)
V3 Camera FW (this is what I tested with): 4.36.10.2163

@jentsang @WyzeJasonJ - FYI of an iOS app issue

3 Likes

Updated all cams smoothly, but 3/4 of the updated v3’s are displaying very choppy cloud playback. Also noticed that usual cloud recording time has been reduced by about 5 seconds per clip. Perhaps an attempt to reduce cloud storage bandwidth? Have tired rebooting multiple times. Android beta app 2.33.0.b139

3 Likes

@WyzeBaohua

1 Like

Will you check this using the beta iOS app 2.33.0(14) with a non-v3 event and also if possible against a v3 event with older firmware (or current beta firmware with older pre 4.36.10.2163 event)? Wondering if this is an app, firmware or both problem.

2 Likes

Just wanted to report that I have a user on the Wyze Discord Server who is reporting that 3/3 of the cameras he tried to upgrade all went completely non-responsive on him. He tried rebooting them and they still won’t respond. Error code 90. I am walking him through flashing the firmware back to the latest Production firmware, but I wanted to report the incident in here.

Discord Thread about this user’s issue updating to this beta firmware starts here:

But I’ve summarized the relevant info already…3/3 attempts failed, all 3 are non-responsive with error code 90 even after attempting a reboot of the camera. User is now in the middle of flashing back to production firmware to see if that restores functionality.

4 Likes

Yes, the fix for this is under-way. Thanks for flagging this. This is an app issue.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We are checking the offline issue after firmware update.

6 Likes

Sounds a lot like the issue I reported for the v2 and Pan v1 here:

and here:

The worst part is the random, continuous uploads to the cloud, which eat into my ISP-imposed data cap. A single cam can easily upload 2-5GB of who-knows-what to the cloud depending on when I detect and stop it; more if it occurs during the night or if more than one acts up at the same time.

2 Likes

FYI, the user who had 3 out of 3 cameras all go non-responsive says that all his attempts to flash the firmware have failed, and he can’t get the status light to come on.

2 Likes