Wyze Cam v2 & Pan firmware Beta Test 6/23/2022

Is your bridge in the Pan Cam? We’ve heard of issues long ago where some Pan Cam AC Adapters couldn’t handle the Pan Cam’s startup current requirements plus the Bridge. The solution was to move the Bridge to to a fixed-view V2, or get a beefier power adapter for the Pan Cam.

I have heard that also that is why I use a 2.4 A USB power supply. I even tried a beefier one when troubleshooting just to see it that might be the problem.
I always had the bridge in the PanCam, mainly because it is closer to the 6 contacts and 1 motion sensors. I don’t move the camera often so no extra load on it ,

I’m curious if anyone else has been experiencing time gaps and overall choppiness during event playback with this firmware. For example, a 15 second clip may start playing from the 3 sec time mark (not 0), play through to 5 sec, skip to 7 sec, play to 12 sec, and finally skip to 15 sec. It seems that the more motion there is the worse it gets, as if the cam is running out of steam while encoding the motion. Playback from both the cloud and SD card are affected. I don’t recall this happening before, and all of my updated Pan V1s are doing this, while all of my V3s and Pan V2s are behaving themselves. All cams are on CP and have SD cards installed.

I would try reverting the firmware to an earlier version to verify that the current beta fw is the culprit, but unfortunately all of my Pan V1s are of the variety that cannot be manually flashed. :slightly_frowning_face:

Yes, this issue has begun for me on july 1 2022, around a week after these updates. I reported it over the weekend and they have just answered me. They are looking at my logs to find the cause at this moment. I also sent them the link to your post.

2 Likes

Just in case it helps, if you are an Android user try setting Accounts tab > App Settings > Hardware Decoder > Enabled.

2 Likes

Another observation related to my previous post regarding the event playback issue…

I have been having unusual amounts of upload activity and internet bandwidth usage for the past week or so, and discovered that occasionally one or more of my Pan V1s running this firmware have been uploading continuously to the cloud. It appears that in each instance, the uploads were triggered by a motion event that exhibits the choppy playback. I would expect to see only brief upload activity during the event, not hours of activity for a 9 second event (as an example). Looking at the camera in live view and then exiting live view does not stop its upload activity; I found that the only way to stop it is to restart the camera or power-cycle it. None of my V3s or Pan V2s are doing this, but then again, they don’t have the playback issue either.

Edit: Submitted a log from one of the Pan cams July 9, Log ID 640062. The event screen said the event was 12 seconds long, but when viewing the event it is only 4 seconds long and less than 1 second of it plays (jumps almost immediately to the end / 4 sec mark). This event also triggered a continuous upload, where almost 2GB of data was uploaded before I restarted the camera.

Since I updated this firmware, versions 4.10.9.1273 & 4.9.9.1273, both my V2 and Pan will not stay loaded and I have to unplug them about every 24-48 hours to reset them. They both stop working at the same time. Any ideas?

If they both stop working at the same time, consider something in common with both. Do you have any problems with other devices in your household? Maybe your router is having signal dropout issues.

Thanks for your reply. I have 30 + devices on this router and these are the only two affected. It just seems odd that the both did it at exactly the same time the firmware was updated and continue to still do it. I have six other cameras, four Wyze, 2 V 3’s, a Pan 2 and a wireless original version. I also have a Fozcam and a NextHT. The latter have not had any firmware updates, are a bit older than the Wyze units and have performed 99.5% flawlessly. Now they don’t have all the features of a Wyze but all that I need. I thought about moving the two in question to different areas but I really need them where the are for complete coverage. The one Wyze is only about 24 feet from the router and shows 3 bars on the strength meter. The other is 20 feet further but still shows the same meter strength. A wi-fi meter signal test show the 2.4 signal at 94% and 81% so I don’t believe it is a router strength issue. I am using a Asus Mesh system with two RT-AC1900P routers in a 3200 sq. ft. residential house. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Have as nice day.

Thank you for posting the feedback here. For your v2 and pan with the beta firmware, what error did you see when they did not stay loaded? If you see this issue again, could you please submit a log and post the log number here? Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I will do my best. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Two log ID’s. one for the pan 1 ID 644416. V2 log 644430

1 Like

I have 2 V2 cams on my account and since Wednesday July 13th have no longer gotten ANY recorded sensor events (no sound events no motion events) and after 2pm today the other camera has also stopped completely from recording events.

Original log: 647394

Updated log on first camera to stop recording events: 649872

New log for 2nd camera now also missing events: 649879

Update: all working now so no idea what was going on

I just recently flashed two of my four v2’s - trying them on non-critical/reachable cameras. Camera was working for about 3-4 days. I was having issues with connecting to them, so I went and pulled the power to reset it. Once I did that, they never re-established connectivity and was in pending setup mode. I could then set them up again, but if they ever lost power/I needed to restart, they would not ‘remember’ configuration and have to set them up again. I’ve now flashed back manually to 4.9.8.1002 and all is well. Sounds like others are having much greater success with 4.9.9.1273 than I.

1 Like

I have the exactly same problem. All my v2s with the new firmware would go completely offline if they are turned off and on. I have to reset them and add them back on the app as a new device every time they boot. I reverted them to 4.9.8.1002 and they are working perfectly again, they come back normally after a boot. I updated the firmware again on one of them to check, the problem is back. I’ve tried multiple scenarios, with or without SD card, they never come back after a boot when the new firmware is installed.

1 Like

@apbarros @XKaliber Sorry for the trouble. Could you please let me know the time when the device went offline and the MAC of the device? If you can get the SD card log from the device, we will check the log and investigate the offline issue.

To get the SD card log, you can pop out SD card and re-insert into the camera. After two chime sound you can take out the SD card. On a PC/Mac with a SD card adapter, please put your card inside and send me the log_XXXX.txt file under the root directory. Thank you very much!

Please send the log files to bzhu@wyze.com. We really appreciate your help!

Did you get anywhere with support? I finally had to disable all motion detection on some of my Pans because of the constant upload activity to Wyze’ servers.

The major issue I have is for events choppy clips (V2s and PansV1) with the result of not being tagged as persons. Since monday, there are only a few. The last answer from support (monday), told me that there will be another beta release this week.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.