Wyze Cam v2 & Pan firmware Beta Test 6/23/2022

Wyze Cam v2

Version: 4.9.9.1273

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• Bug fixes

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the setup process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.9.8.1002 or below

Wyze Cam Pan

Version: 4.10.9.1273

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• Bug fixes

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the setup process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.10.8.1002 or below

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version numbers to enhance search clarity.

2 Likes

Updates applied with no issues. Not sure what we’re looking for, but everything appears to be working well so far.

2 Likes

Take a look at the connection speed and occasionally log into the camera and see if it lost connection.

1 Like

They’re all still continuously streaming. Running production Android app 2.32.0 (154).

1 Like

My issue was not with continuous streaming it had to do with it losing connection when I don’t stream for a period of time. Or it gets hung up on connecting step 1 of 3

EDIT

Just Installed the Beta FW on 2 v2 Cameras, will be testing. So far it is looking good.

2 Likes

The issue of the cams stopping every minutes in playback viewing since the previous beta firmware(4.X.X.1159) is now fixed.:+1:

Edit: The connection time is much more faster than the previous beta.

Updated 8V2s and 3 PansV1s without issues.

2 Likes

V2 updated no problem and the connection process to the camera is much faster than the previous release and the playback bug does seem to be fixed now.

1 Like

New problem with audio on play back from SD card: there’s an alternating static sound that starts and stops about every two seconds, I get this on multiple V2s. Never happened before, neither on 1002 nor 1159 (beta). Still better than 1159, the playback halt on the top of every minute (eg halts from 11:22:59 to 11:23:00) seems fixed, and startup does seem faster: one Pan v2 no longer connects, error 23.

I’d prior halted my rollout of the very problematic 1159; I’m now updating all the prior 1159s to this beta, but none of my other production cams from production firmware, until this audio problem gets fixed.

I posted this on Facebook earlier…

I installed firmware last night on my V2 and PanCam now my V1 sensors no longer work. Anything special to get them working? Log submitted 624272 I also submitted a support ticket 2167097.
I have tried all the usual things that worked on the past. Powering down, unplugging, removing bridge, powering up, etc. Still not coming back not working with rules. I have noticed it shows connected most of the time but for a second each minute it shows the disconnected cloud. Not staying connected constantly.

I finally got the V1 sensors working again. Even though I tried this the day before it worked today.

1. power down the camera with the bridge.
  2. remove bridge from camera
  3. power up the camera and let it fully start up
  4. plug the bridge back into the camera
    I have had to do that several times before with app and firmware updates but this time it didn’t work at first.
1 Like

Is your bridge in the Pan Cam? We’ve heard of issues long ago where some Pan Cam AC Adapters couldn’t handle the Pan Cam’s startup current requirements plus the Bridge. The solution was to move the Bridge to to a fixed-view V2, or get a beefier power adapter for the Pan Cam.

I have heard that also that is why I use a 2.4 A USB power supply. I even tried a beefier one when troubleshooting just to see it that might be the problem.
I always had the bridge in the PanCam, mainly because it is closer to the 6 contacts and 1 motion sensors. I don’t move the camera often so no extra load on it ,

I’m curious if anyone else has been experiencing time gaps and overall choppiness during event playback with this firmware. For example, a 15 second clip may start playing from the 3 sec time mark (not 0), play through to 5 sec, skip to 7 sec, play to 12 sec, and finally skip to 15 sec. It seems that the more motion there is the worse it gets, as if the cam is running out of steam while encoding the motion. Playback from both the cloud and SD card are affected. I don’t recall this happening before, and all of my updated Pan V1s are doing this, while all of my V3s and Pan V2s are behaving themselves. All cams are on CP and have SD cards installed.

I would try reverting the firmware to an earlier version to verify that the current beta fw is the culprit, but unfortunately all of my Pan V1s are of the variety that cannot be manually flashed. :slightly_frowning_face:

Yes, this issue has begun for me on july 1 2022, around a week after these updates. I reported it over the weekend and they have just answered me. They are looking at my logs to find the cause at this moment. I also sent them the link to your post.

2 Likes

Just in case it helps, if you are an Android user try setting Accounts tab > App Settings > Hardware Decoder > Enabled.

2 Likes

Another observation related to my previous post regarding the event playback issue…

I have been having unusual amounts of upload activity and internet bandwidth usage for the past week or so, and discovered that occasionally one or more of my Pan V1s running this firmware have been uploading continuously to the cloud. It appears that in each instance, the uploads were triggered by a motion event that exhibits the choppy playback. I would expect to see only brief upload activity during the event, not hours of activity for a 9 second event (as an example). Looking at the camera in live view and then exiting live view does not stop its upload activity; I found that the only way to stop it is to restart the camera or power-cycle it. None of my V3s or Pan V2s are doing this, but then again, they don’t have the playback issue either.

Edit: Submitted a log from one of the Pan cams July 9, Log ID 640062. The event screen said the event was 12 seconds long, but when viewing the event it is only 4 seconds long and less than 1 second of it plays (jumps almost immediately to the end / 4 sec mark). This event also triggered a continuous upload, where almost 2GB of data was uploaded before I restarted the camera.

Since I updated this firmware, versions 4.10.9.1273 & 4.9.9.1273, both my V2 and Pan will not stay loaded and I have to unplug them about every 24-48 hours to reset them. They both stop working at the same time. Any ideas?

If they both stop working at the same time, consider something in common with both. Do you have any problems with other devices in your household? Maybe your router is having signal dropout issues.

Thanks for your reply. I have 30 + devices on this router and these are the only two affected. It just seems odd that the both did it at exactly the same time the firmware was updated and continue to still do it. I have six other cameras, four Wyze, 2 V 3’s, a Pan 2 and a wireless original version. I also have a Fozcam and a NextHT. The latter have not had any firmware updates, are a bit older than the Wyze units and have performed 99.5% flawlessly. Now they don’t have all the features of a Wyze but all that I need. I thought about moving the two in question to different areas but I really need them where the are for complete coverage. The one Wyze is only about 24 feet from the router and shows 3 bars on the strength meter. The other is 20 feet further but still shows the same meter strength. A wi-fi meter signal test show the 2.4 signal at 94% and 81% so I don’t believe it is a router strength issue. I am using a Asus Mesh system with two RT-AC1900P routers in a 3200 sq. ft. residential house. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Have as nice day.