Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and v3 Firmware Beta Test 9/22/2021

Also, I’m on the latest Android beta

The v2 cam that I successfully updated is running CP. Actually, all of my cams are running CP. :smiley:

I use Android and also test with a spare iPhone I have.

How is Android 12 Beta 5? I was on a previous version, had to remove it, then later tried to add it back but Wyze would not start. so have not tried since.

Sorry, I meant Wyze beta, still rocking Android 11

Same with me, all camera’s on CamPlus. But when you have the issue, wondering if the removal of CamPlus allows it to start working again, as it did for @RanHalen .

I am as well. Wyze Beta and all the Beta Firmware as well. :slight_smile:

I sent you a DM with my MAC address. It wouldn’t let me attach a .log or .txt file in a forum message, and I didn’t have your email, so I did a copy and paste of the logs in a dropdown option similar to this:

I posted the file name here

And the file contents are copied in here when you click on the dropdown

There were logs in the reboot folder too, but they were too big to copy for you. If you still want them, you can just DM me back an email to send them all to.

After seeing @RanHalen 's responses above, I should also mention, that it is indeed true that all my cams have Cam Plus, and this one did too. It would also be true that when I deleted the cam, it would’ve removed it from cam plus temporarily. Then I set up the cam and accepted the cam plus trial at the end of set up, and it was added back onto cam again, but at least for a short time it would’ve been without cam plus, so this is worth investigating since it seems to have fixed his cam.

So I got overconfident and tried restarting that cam from the app and it went back to the state it was in before. I tried adding Cam Plus back to it and it didn’t work. I waited until the camera reconnected again then lost connection a few seconds later, at that point I removed the Cam Plus yet again and it instantly connected and works fine ?!?

This could be relevant, so in case it is I might as well mention, I am running Android 12 with the newest beta (hard to keep track if that’s #5 or what at this point with them increasing all the time). And I will say that I like it. It sucked a couple of versions ago when the VPNs were all not working, but they fixed that. :slight_smile: Its been mostly stable since then. I run my Wyze app on it just fine, though some others I am not sure…It can be hard to know what issues are issues from an app publisher vs the OS unless lots of people report the same thing.

Also, I do have Cam Plus on every cam, and none of my other V2’s went into this reboot loop, so Cam Plus can’t be the sole factor involved if it is part of it, or you’d think the others would’ve had the same problem. It is great that it might be an easy fix though. It will be interesting to hear if anyone else speaks up about the reboot looping and confirms whether they have cam plus or not too. If not, I wonder if they can add it to cam plus and have it fix itself that way, or add then remove it and accomplish the same thing. Who knows. hopefully they can find something in my logs. I looked through them though and it seems like they were lacking relevant info. I hope I’m wrong.

EDIT, just saw RanHalen’s response. That’s weird that it restarted with the problem and then was fixed again. Like removing cam plus is just a temporary solution, not permanent? Maybe I should try some rebooting tests when I have a minute and see if I experience the same thing too.

Interesting. I am sure you did this, but have you removed the power from the v2 (hard Reset it), then plugged it back in and see if it happens again.

Yes, I tried that twice before the Cam Plus thingy. I’m not going to fiddle with it anymore tonight lol.

LOL - don’t blame you. Leave well enough alone.

1st v2 test cam has been running well for 2 hours with lots of AI events and notifications. Time to update another v2 with installed bridge…

Edit: Updating 2nd v2 cam to 4.9.8.352 with bridge installed worked fine. Took a very long time, but it’s up and running. Currently live streaming in HD mode with continuous recording to SD. Also has Cam Plus with all AI types enabled. Will let this one run for a few hours to make sure it doesn’t start booting…

Edit edit: Both v2 cams still running great with no reboots after 7 hours.

Have you tried beating the v2 with a hammer? It may not make it work but you’ll feel better.

I know it’s half a joke, but I actually have tried stuff like that before on various devices (not speaking exclusively of Wyze, but anything mechanical or electronic that won’t respond to standard troubleshooting). Usually it is my last resort when I’ve exhausted all other reasonable troubleshooting when there is nothing left but to basically trash it or something…and it surprisingly sometimes DOES work. I would like to thank the movie Armageddon for the idea because it has miraculously paid off more times than I would’ve ever thought possible, truly. It should always be added at the very end of the list of standard troubleshooting:

It can be added up higher in the list of standard troubleshooting if it’s an emergency and you know a conventional response won’t cut it in time and you’re desperate for a miracle like this. :slight_smile:

I was able to solve the issue with my unit by rebooting it… it somehow connected to the wrong wifi point on my mesh wifi-network.

Having the same problem with a V2 and Pan Cam, on two different networks. After updating the firmware, both are continually rebooting. I don’t have Cam Plus or SD cards in either of them, they’ve worked fine up to this firmware. I’ve removed & reinstalled the app on my phone, and have rebooted, hard reset, and resetup the V2, but still no luck. Also tried deleting the cam from the app before running setup again, but still didn’t work. Also tried removing the cams from the beta program, also unsuccessful. They might connect for a few second, but then drop off the network(s). If I can connect to the V2 while it’s online, I can actually see the data rate drop down to 0.0, at which point it goes into the reboot cycle. Is there any way to go back to a non-beta firmware?

You will have to do the manual flash back to stock firmware by copying the firmware file to an SD card and putiothe camera into firmware flash mode.

Also it must be a sun 32 gig card to flash firmware. Gift downloading the firmware and process for reflagging go here. https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware

I’m not having the rebooting issue, but I’m no longer getting any Cam Plus alerts on the Pan and v2 cameras I’ve updated. CP-based triggers also stopped working (no surprise there). My v3 cams are still working fine with CP (they are also on the 9/22 firmware). Have tried removing and re-assigning CP to the problematic cameras; no change. Everything is now tagged as motion – no people, vehicles, packages, etc.

EDIT: Yes, I have double-checked the Event Recording > CP AI Detection settings. Also tried toggling the various detection settings off and back on.

3 out of 4 v2’s are in constant reboot with this FW .352 upgrade