Wyze Cam v2 and Pan Firmware 4.X.7.798 Releasing - 7/21/21

What is this? I haven’t yet experienced it.

The pink flash issue happens when you turn the cameras on via the app on the home screen. The camera will immediately do a loud click and start recording because there is a pink flash, which you only see in the recording and not in person watching the camera. So apparently it has something to do with the IR lights. This starting happening after a firmware update a while back, I don’t remember which one, but it’s still happening now. Every single one of my V2 and Pan camera’s are having this pink flash issue and it’s annoying.

Sounds like the IR CUT filter is being retracted. Perhaps they added this routine to make sure that the IR CUT filter is in a known position when the camera is powered on. What’s your problem with this?

I’m not sure what you’re asking me. I want my money back for this camera. I only had it for a couple months before it stopped working due to this firmware update.

Hi Bindi Welcome to the user forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Believe @speadie’s post is a reply to @Resist (top right of the post).

Sounds like your camera experienced a bad load on the last firmware update. As this is a user forum we can offer suggestions to address this trouble but do not participate in returns or replacements.

You will need to address this by opening a Support Ticket with Wyze.

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

1 Like

I already know that the clicking sound is the IR filter being retracted, but normally it isn’t this loud. It only started being really loud when the Pink flash issue also happened. That’s my problem with this.

I’m tired of making support tickets and all Wyze customer support does is have my reboot and setup the cameras all over again, and it doesn’t fix the issue. Then they just want to replace the cameras. And I have a hard time believing that all my V2 camera’s (and Pan cameras), with are over a dozen of them need replacing. This is a software issue, not a hardware issue!

1 Like

Stop turning the old V2s on and off? All my cams are on 24/7, with only detection changing due to any issues.

Okay Steve Jobs

I wish, lol. Not so much that I would be dead, but my family would be taken care of. :wink:

With a weird boat to boot. :rofl:

1 Like

If they want to give you a bunch of new cameras, I’d take them up on that… the v2s have an image sensor that starts to fail after a couple of years, and the image gets grainy and pixelated… now, if they want you to buy all new cameras, that’s a different story.

Replacing all my V2 and Pan cameras won’t fix the pink flash issue, because it’s software issue that Wyze doesn’t seem to want to address.

I have no such problems with my v2s. The IR cut filter retracts on powerup, but it’s not a problem.

1 Like

I have 2 V2s currently online with recent firmware (4.9.7.798 and it’s predecessor 4.9.6.241) and neither exhibit a ‘pink flash’ when turning them on & off via the More menu. I do hear the IR filter clicking. I tried multiple times last night and this morning. Maybe you just have bad cameras?

1 Like

Hmmm… did you purchase them all around the same time? It is possible there was a bad production run of them. There have been other anomalies with cameras from certain time periods…

I purchased all of mine (Cam Pans) between February-September 2019. The only major issue I’ve had was loss of motion-based event recording using firmwares beyond v4.10.3.40. This current firmware seems to work just fine.

I’d let Wyze replace them all if they’re offering. Otherwise, I agree, total deal-breaker if you are expected to purchase more.

My cameras were purchased at different times, so they aren’t from the same batch. I find it very suspicious that over a dozen cameras would all be experiencing the same issue. One thing I have noticed though is that the pink flash occurs most often when the room light level is very low. But as I’ve said before, theses cameras never used to have this problem.

Definitely weird… :thinking:

Wondering if you have any unusual EMF or other emissions/wavelengths ambient? Irregular utility voltage?

Beyond that it almost sounds like you might’ve been hacked… :man_shrugging:t2:

The cameras are all over my house and nothing has changed in several years. This happened after a firmware upgrade but I can’t remember which one, others here have had the same issue and were able to revert back to an older firmware and the problem was then gone. So clearly it’s a software issue. I can’t figure out how to revert back the firmware easily or I would do that. But I shouldn’t have to do this, Wyze just needs to at least acknowledge that is a problem and then find a fix. Their no response makes me feel they are trying to push us into replacing all our cameras with V3’s.

Yeah, There are definitely trails of inconsistent odd behaviors all across these forums. Sorry you’ve got a humdinger there… :expressionless:

I wonder if it stems from the whole dimmed playback issue once they switched to the 64-bit codebase.

Do you ever get IR feedback from dust on the oculus? I know the v2 run 850nm and Pans are 940nm (tactical). 850nm IR is known to emit a faint red glow. Wonder if something’s funky w/your IR emitters.

I’d totally let Wyze replace all or your cams just to say you did.

pink flash issue - usu the IR filter getting stuck and not retracting completely. Then the camera adjusts to the new light level and may get a flare as well.

there’s a hazy, smokey hue and the image isn’t as clear. Believe there is outgassing from the glue used in assembly. There are a few youtube video on how to disassemble and clean.

2 Likes

Does this firmware fix the audio delay of the Wyze cam v2?